New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mediocrity breeds mediocrity breeds mediocrity breeds mid-table nothingness.

Get me Alan Pardew or Tony Pulis, a bottle of whiskey and a gun ffs.

What is the fascination with Poch? Finished second in a one horse race.

so overrated based on absolutely nothing.
To be fair to him, he solidified Spurs as champions league regulars and even got them to a final and as soon as he left they got nowhere near qualifying..

To be unfair to him, he won nothing with a world class frontline that he completely lucked out with because Kane came through the youth system

I’m surprised at how many people are willing to be burnt again. Why would you want Conte or Simmone, etc.... They will come for money, they would not care about the club, the fans, or the players. And they would leave in a heartbeat just like Carlo. We need to say way away from this situation and go and get someone who Brands wants, and someone who see’s this as a opportunity.

Mauricio Pochettino has done everything to join #thfc, however, they are ultimately set to appoint Antonio Conte. The Argentine remains ready to leave Paris Saint-Germain and is even willing to go without a new club. | @repubblica
if true we should be all over that

I’m of the humble opinion that Bill still has Moshiri’s ear, and we’re all well aware of the bond that remains between he and David Moyes. A conversation along the lines of “we tried the Fancy Dans....” may just swing it in his favour. Of course, I could be very wrong.

I’m surprised at how many people are willing to be burnt again. Why would you want Conte or Simmone, etc.... They will come for money, they would not care about the club, the fans, or the players. And they would leave in a heartbeat just like Carlo. We need to say way away from this situation and go and get someone who Brands wants, and someone who see’s this as a opportunity.

Not popular because he looks like a PE teacher but graham potter. A coach and a manager. Reminds me a bit of brendan rogers in his approach to the game.

I just want a manager who’s style is instead of putting an arm around the player’s shoulders, is to put a boot up their arse. Our pathetic players have been mollycoddled and allowed to get away with way too much cowardliness for way too long now.
a good manager does both.

In terms of where we go with this, I think the obvious choices would be Antonio Conte, Pochettino and NES.

The former for very different and obvious reasons than the latter two.

Firstly, I feel one of Conte or Pochettino will be available to us depending on which direction Spurs go.

Conte will bring the razzle dazzle big name pull to sign a ready made higher calibre player instantly that I believe Moshiri wants.

However, I believe from a Brands standpoint, NES and Poch would be the direction to go. Both have shown evidence of being able to achieve targets with a longer term recruitment plan.

Personally, I would go the Nuno route. His achievements in guiding Wolves to the championship title with a big turnaround in players and then qualifying for Europe is exceptional really. With a bigger budget I could see him getting us top four over a couple of years building a squad.

Ultimately, I believe they will land in the middle ground of big name and proven squad builder with Poch. Though I feel his ceiling has been proven with Spurs and NES' is possibly a touch higher in that he might win us a trophy.

Those posts from Wolves fans have warmed me up a little to Nuno. Think it's very easy to forget that he took Wolves into the PL and made them a competitive team immediately, including a European finish.

The devastating impact of losing Jota and then Jimenez' + Neto's injury really derailed their season this year. Would just be really concerned about Mendes' involvement in our transfer dealings, but wouldn't be a bad thing to have him on our side.

Status
Not open for further replies.