Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
4th x 1
5th x 2
6th x 2
You would bite a hand off for that now.
As for the football, the side he put together with Peinaar, Arteta, Yakubu, Cahill, Lescott, Baines, Jags etc wes the best side we’ve had in 25 years and played some great football.
The season he left when he finished 6th, we had enough quality which enabled Martinez to add 3 players to, which went on to have a cracking season.

I don’t want Moyes back, but let’s not dismiss and make up lies about his time here.
For balance, he had a couple of really bad seasons.

I wouldn't, the positions don't really mean anything, especially the 4th as we did not benefit from it at all.

I want progress, he more than did that the first couple of seasons, he was like a breath of fresh air. After that though we just settled into a pattern.

He did well for us. Nothing more, nothing less.

Out of interest - and I’m not necessarily disagreeing, I’m just curious - what makes you think he’d work well with Brands? The only thing I really know about Rangnick is that he’s spent most of his recent career as a DoF, rather than a coach, which to me would imply the opposite?
Because they both know how football clubs work, from youth team to the top, yes there could be a clash of personalities, I obviously don’t know if they would gel together, but if they did they could make a very good team. Being honest I doubt if Everton will choose Rangnick, but I would ( counts for a lot that doesn’t it!!) over many of the other names put forward.

Mourinho was contacted first according to one media outlet, which is odd as he wasn’t really liked there by the fans.
They are looking quite desperate for such a big club.
He's literally just signed a contract at roma. So I can't see Madrid contacting him.

Imagine fuming about Carlo and wanting him gone. Then fuming about the managers available when he's gone. Clearly didn't think that one through.
Some people just like to fume lol

I certainly wasn’t fuming about having Carlo as manager but now I deffo feel a bit aggrieved about the manner of his departure and where it’s left us. I just hope we appoint a manager who is hungry to do well with us and will try to inject a bit of verve into our play.

I know nothing about the man, but I think it's a massive stretch to think someone is a guaranteed success in England due to success in South America.

I am open to pretty much anyone right now because everyone I think will do well here ends up leaving or sacked. But I reckon Gallardo is the biggest gamble of them all. I also doubt everyone talking him up has watched much of the Coppa Libertadores.

Gallardo is probably the biggest risk reward candidate. Could be brilliant could be a disaster.

He intrigues me at least.

I just want a manager who’s style is instead of putting an arm around the player’s shoulders, is to put a boot up their arse. Our pathetic players have been mollycoddled and allowed to get away with way too much cowardliness for way too long now.
They need to boot out the dross I think. I’m not stuck on what a manager’s personal style is as long as they put out a team which gives its all and gets results. The best players don’t need motivation from external sources. Which probably explains our predicament.

I wouldn't, the positions don't really mean anything, especially the 4th as we did not benefit from it at all.

I want progress, he more than did that the first couple of seasons, he was like a breath of fresh air. After that though we just settled into a pattern.

He did well for us. Nothing more, nothing less.
I’d be more than happy with a manager who does well for us

This is the thing for me, the club / Moshiri set out his intentions with Ancelotti.

Dropping down, and it is dropping down, to the likes of Nuno or Howe or Potter is just bleuhh. The sentimental Moyes choice is the worst option for me.

It has to be either top or 'outside the box'.

I think at worst we'll end up with Nuno who is a someone who could probably have us around 7th/8th which tbh is what we were looking at under Carlo blue tinted glasses off.

I hope we go for a Poch/Biesla/Zidane purely for the excitement of what could be but as long as its not some hipster type like Silva/Howe who cant defend I'll be content enough providing the summer business is good and we bring in some good players.

Sorry but i don't believe in any glass ceilings and i hate to keep mentioning them but Leicester shows exactly what can be done with the proper people in charge. I remember comments like knife to a gunfight that was a comment effectively putting a glass ceiling of his own on expectations so we were always thought of as the best of the rest and that mentality seeped its way into the team.
Yeah that just hammers home what i'm saying really but it's not really the thread for it so we'll just agree that we don't want Moyes back.

I do believe Duncan deserves a shot at the job , but for a couple of years I would get a senior man to mentor him (someone like Roy Hodgson).

Duncan would have control but at the same time have a lot of knowledge and experience to draw on.

Imagine fuming about Carlo and wanting him gone. Then fuming about the managers available when he's gone. Clearly didn't think that one through.
Trumpism and Brexit allow for this mindlessness now. You're allowed to be constantly, incoherently angry with a sense of self-righteous grievance, especially if you hold directly contradictory views today to those you held yesterday. It's all good. Just make sure you're angry with someone who isn't you. It's always their fault. Until tomorrow, when it's someone else's fault.

I just want a manager who’s style is instead of putting an arm around the player’s shoulders, is to put a boot up their arse. Our pathetic players have been mollycoddled and allowed to get away with way too much cowardliness for way too long now.

I just want a manager who wants to be here. Genuinely fed up of managers and players coming in after losses like nothing is wrong, talking down our expectations, looking like they’re doing us a favour just being here.

If we can’t have winning football then at least give the fans a bit of love for the club to get behind. Carlo had his moments of doing it but they died away as the season went on. We had a few games under Dunc and Unsworth (not saying they are the answer at all btw) where the fan base could get united behind someone they liked and there was a bit of fire back in the fan base. Everything else since Martinez’s first season though has just been complete apathy with fans just bickering with each other and even the wins being largely meaningless and predictable.

I’d take any manager who genuinely wants to be here and can motivate the players and the fans to get us all moving forward. I’m not even bothered about style at this point. I’d love to see an Everton team with 11 plyers scrapping for every ball, getting it forward quickly and battling for headers, throwing tackles in just as much as I’d like to see one that could pass a team off the park. The problem is we’ve been seeing neither, teams just floating apathetically through games season after season.

Status
Not open for further replies.