New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
FF3CDD71-09A2-4778-9B37-45259BDBB816.png

Amazing the number of people in here that wouldn't be seen dead in a 'transfer rumour' thread randomly throwing out South American names because they've got great numbers on Wikipedia

I reckon the hiring of a manager is quite a complicated business - Not just ringing up Ralf Rangnick and asking him if he fancies having a crack at Everton

Some people just like to fume lol

I certainly wasn’t fuming about having Carlo as manager but now I deffo feel a bit aggrieved about the manner of his departure and where it’s left us. I just hope we appoint a manager who is hungry to do well with us and will try to inject a bit of verve into our play.
Mate anyone with a bit off ambition will dump you in a heart beat. Ambition and loyalty aren't best friends for sure. Real f'n Madrid came calling. Good luck to him. Everyone is full of crap. The amount of managers that couldn't wait to get to everton from clubs not even half a level beneath us. It's how it is.

Imagine fuming about Carlo and wanting him gone. Then fuming about the managers available when he's gone. Clearly didn't think that one through.

I can guarantee if the next manager finishes higher than 10th next season you'll still have fans crying over Carlo.
though mate.

Like Benitez at Newcastle it really was Cult of Personality stuff with our fanbase.

A hand full of games aside we were bang average under him and were a tough watch.

I can guarantee if the next manager finishes higher than 10th next season you'll still have fans crying over Carlo.
though mate.

Like Benitez at Newcastle it really was Cult of Personality stuff with our fanbase.

A hand full of games aside we were bang average under him and were a tough watch.

I actually think the opposite is true mate, people will turn on Carlo and probably understate what he did. Which will give the new guy time so it's fair enough really.

I do believe Duncan deserves a shot at the job , but for a couple of years I would get a senior man to mentor him (someone like Roy Hodgson).

Duncan would have control but at the same time have a lot of knowledge and experience to draw on.

It’s massively unpopular but I’d take Moyes with Ferguson as his successor in a few seasons. We keep rotating between big name managers but the overriding feature has been they don’t care enough about Everton and they’re bringing in players who don’t care either. There’s no Cahills Howard’s Jagielka Carsleys in this squad at all at the moment. Moyes and Ferguson would at least give it everything, get us back to a certain level and at least show a bit of pride and commitment. It’s not asking for much but I seriously doubt some other managers can bring that.

A lot of these managers grow up dreaming of the top European clubs. They have their starter club, the one that makes them known, then often their one that’s the stepping stone into a top league. Once they’re on the radar then they want to go to a top club. When Everton come calling they see it as best as a stepping stone like Martinez Koeman and Silva all did. Koeman was annoyed he needed another club rather than going straight from Southampton to a top team. They just don’t care. They’ve got no passion for it at all. We need someone who wants their career pinnacle to be winning trophies with Everton.

though mate.

We are crap fb. We gave him one season. He didn't trust the players to play football and I don't blame him. He's done enough in the game for me to trust his judgement. What there was 2 or 3 points between 10th and 7th. And our 10th finish has broke the record for most points in 10th. If we finished 9th next season I wouldn't call it improving. We got Europe and people still pining for carlo then I'd see your point.

Appointing any manager is a risk, as a Wolves fan I am petrified of our next manager, we have just let go a manager who has been our most successful in decades, he is a true gentleman and he was able to leave with dignity, which he deserved. Was it the right time for a change?, I possibly believe it was!. The football since the first lockdown was sterile and yes boring, how much of this was down to fatigue, injuries, or lack of fans we will just have to wait and find out. I do believe the Everton job is a step up, Nuno was able to basically re-build our squad and place personal into positioned that suited his system. Can he go into a club who want overnight success and the pressures of their fans to deliver this straight away, I am not too sure, and I do not believe Everton fans will be on side long enough to wait to find out. It would depend on what he brings, fast counter attacking football or the boring men behind the ball and slow build up play. I believe Everton have the players to suit the fast counter football and if Nuno can relive his 1st 2-3 seasons with us, he would make a success.
Counter attacking football will only get you so far and possibly not enough to propel you into the league where you feel you deserve. I am not then sure Nuno can make that next step forward with a possession-based game without defying his defence first principles, we tried last season and failed miserably, the central midfielders are basically cover for the defence, hence we struggled to get bodies in the box, slow play then allowed the opposition to re-organise. Of course, better players may help but if we didn’t have a relatively solid start to last season, I think we would have been struggling with the relegation candidates. I was as shocked as anybody that Nuno was relieved of his duties given what he had done for us but as stated I feel the time was right, just worried going forward from a steady ship to God knows what

I don't put an awful lot of truck in what opposing fans say (I mean witness the massive shift in thinking we have on Ancelotti over the last week) but it is quite refreshing to hear a fanbase saying that they have respect for the manager even after a poor season, that they think he's a good manager and that he feels a good fit.

There was a Wolves fan who came on here yesterday and gave (what I felt anyway) was a very balanced evaluation of him. One thing that really grabbed me was he said the 2 players that would have suited their system under Nuno were Godfrey and Doucoure- who we are to believe were far more Brands inspired signings than Ancelotti inspired signings. If that's the sort of profile the manager wants and it allows Brands to go and find more of that type of player we might have a management team working more in unity together and fixing what I think most of our fans can see.

Status
Not open for further replies.