New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want a manager who wants to be here. Genuinely fed up of managers and players coming in after losses like nothing is wrong, talking down our expectations, looking like they’re doing us a favour just being here.

If we can’t have winning football then at least give the fans a bit of love for the club to get behind. Carlo had his moments of doing it but they died away as the season went on. We had a few games under Dunc and Unsworth (not saying they are the answer at all btw) where the fan base could get united behind someone they liked and there was a bit of fire back in the fan base. Everything else since Martinez’s first season though has just been complete apathy with fans just bickering with each other and even the wins being largely meaningless and predictable.

I’d take any manager who genuinely wants to be here and can motivate the players and the fans to get us all moving forward. I’m not even bothered about style at this point. I’d love to see an Everton team with 11 plyers scrapping for every ball, getting it forward quickly and battling for headers, throwing tackles in just as much as I’d like to see one that could pass a team off the park. The problem is we’ve been seeing neither, teams just floating apathetically through games season after season.
I realise I am probably in a minority here, but I really don't care about any of that. I just want us to win every game. If the manager wears an "I hate Everton" t-shirt, while guiding us to a 3-0 win, it won't bother me.

I realise I am probably in a minority here, but I really don't care about any of that. I just want us to win every game. If the manager wears an "I hate Everton" t-shirt, while guiding us to a 3-0 win, it won't bother me.

The issue is we don’t seem to be getting managers who can do the winning bit whilst not being arsed about us.

Yes, Jimenez was a great loss, but it was Oct/ Nov when we lost him to his horrific injury and the football at the time was still a little poor up until this point to be honest, yes with Jimenez we would have scored more goals and gathered more points and possible Adama would have had a target to try and cross to. Jota was struggling to even make the first 11 towards the end of his Wolves career. It did not help going into last season with one recognized centre forward, who got injured but even if he was fit, we would be nowhere near the top 6.

You would need a crystal ball today if Nuno could have gone higher, be honest we have some good players –good attacking players, players who would get into the Everton team, so it’s not all down to personal. The time was right to move forward, it is a gamble. I’m not sure Everton are after a safe pair of Nuno hands at this point, Nuno is very much Wolves answer to David Moyes. I wish Nuno every success in the future but it was just turning stale at Wolves, lockdown would not have helped, stuck in the delights of Wolverhampton with his family in Porto, it was noted he had not seen his wife for a year – this would have a personal effect any most people.

All very fair mate and I agree with most of that.

My big concern is as you've said, that he works under a very particular system but struggles to move beyond that. You take away the relationship with Mendes (or at least reduce it) and has he got the broader skillset to succeed? I don't think he's set the world on fire anywhere other than Wolves.

I don't mind the defensive football so much. Whenever I have seen Wolves against us I've always been impressed and you were the better team (with the exception of the 1st game up you had where I thought we were v impressive with 10 men for most of the game). But even this season, you lost both games, but I thought you were the better team in both matches.

Forget tactical nous, I want a complete and utter nut job in the dressing room.
The type of manager that the players are scared to face at half time if they replicate any of the utter dross from this season cause he'll attempt to drown them in the ice bath.
I really thought big Dunc would fill that spot under Ancelotti but apparently not!

Think it's also worth remembering, we wanted Nuno to replace Koeman. Clearly he's someone that Moshiri and the board like.

I just want a manager who’s style is instead of putting an arm around the player’s shoulders, is to put a boot up their arse. Our pathetic players have been mollycoddled and allowed to get away with way too much cowardliness for way too long now.
I do not know if it is the appropriate method for getting premier league teams to perform, but it is exactly what I want to see as well. Far too many 'cannot give a toss' attitudes within our squad, it needs knocking out of them.

There was a big 'if' in that post though. I'd much rather win every game 1-0 playing dour football than come 10th playing like the harlem globetrotters. and i'd rather win the league with a mercenary who'd be off at the first chance than come 10th under a dyed in the wool blue, but if we're going to keep coming 7th-12th regardless, then i'd at least like us to do it with a manager who cares and who gets the team playing the type of football Goodison responds to.

Think it's also worth remembering, we wanted Nuno to replace Koeman. Clearly he's someone that Moshiri and the board like.

In other words, moshiri wasn’t interested in him

Doesnt he play 442 though? Just doesnt work in England anymore the midfield 2 imo get over run too easily. Add in Richarlison and DCL are crap as a partnership lol
New manger could bomb Richy out and bring in his own players that work in a style that wins games. He may have played it in France but good enough to adapt. Think its time to look outside the box and away from the Moyes & the Rafas and get a proper style of how to play.
Who do you want mate?

Status
Not open for further replies.