New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Potter had a bang average Brighton team creating more chances than Leicester, West Ham, Spurs, Arsenal. They just that clinical side which is generally where we excelled last season. I know he's not a flashy option but he addresses our biggest weakness from last season which was chance creation.

Could bring bissouma with him too like

Playing really good stuff along the way aswell. Watched them against city. No inferiority complex about them. Took them on. And beat them.
I voted for him. Could be a dark horse manager this fella and i think a bigger club will take a punt on him eventualy.

Potter had a bang average Brighton team creating more chances than Leicester, West Ham, Spurs, Arsenal. They just that clinical side which is generally where we excelled last season. I know he's not a flashy option but he addresses our biggest weakness from last season which was chance creation.

Could bring bissouma with him too like
I voted Benitez in a flash of pragmatism but I’d actually like to start enjoying watching us again, it’s been too long. Potter’s Brighton (and Swansea before) are a good watch - criminally non clinical but would be interesting to see him implement that style but with Calvert lewin and richarlison at the top end

Managers come. Managers go. Although our managers seem to be leaving fairly quickly lately. The next one, whoever it turns out to be, will have deal with same problems that previous dozen…is it a dozen?… It seems like a dozen…have had to deal with. The key to success is not the manager, it’s Brands.

Martinez was slated at the time as Everton manager. But of the last 5 we've now had is he possibly the best of the 5?
There's an argument Everton fans are a bit to snobby with no real justification to be so.

My theory is that unlike some fans bases, we have people who remember Everton as a top side. My Dad made me an Evertonian and he remembers winning the league and going to Wembley regularly. A lot of us probably grew up hearing the same things. So how we see ourselves is very different to how many other fan bases see us.

We have no justification because in that time clubs like Chelsea have won two European Cups and we can’t even manage an FA Cup. We’ve fallen a long way and need to accept it.

I have gone for Potter ,
I have been impressed at what he has done at Brighton and its a change of direction from our previous appointments which I believe would work for the players and also maybe Brands ?

I have gone for Potter ,
I have been impressed at what he has done at Brighton and its a change of direction from our previous appointments which I believe would work for the players and also maybe Brands ?

The problem is mate when you say it works for the players in what way? What’s he gonna do differently that Silva or Ancelotti couldn’t do with them? If Ancellotti couldn’t get a tune out of them the best of times and they didn’t up their game, they’re not gonna take some bum manager who’s done nothing in his career of significance seriously are they?

I think this is going to be the case with almost all of the options linked. People genuinely underestimate what a bad bunch of eggs we have in our ranks with this current squad.

My theory is that unlike some fans bases, we have people who remember Everton as a top side. My Dad made me an Evertonian and he remembers winning the league and going to Wembley regularly. A lot of us probably grew up hearing the same things. So how we see ourselves is very different to how many other fan bases see us.

We have no justification because in that time clubs like Chelsea have won two European Cups and we can’t even manage an FA Cup. We’ve fallen a long way and need to accept it.

Is a true statement. And im not suggesting potter because its a lowering of standards. But because i think he's a good manager with potential.

ABBDC016-71A7-4F5D-B820-579C0E1C0670.png

The problem is mate when you say it works for the players in what way? What’s he gonna do differently that Silva or Ancelotti couldn’t do with them? If Ancellotti couldn’t get a tune out of them the best of times and they didn’t up their game, they’re not gonna take some bum manager who’s done nothing in his career of significance seriously are they?

I think this is going to be the case with almost all of the options linked. People genuinely underestimate what a bad bunch of eggs we have in our ranks with this current squad.

Mate they aint the future of this club. They will be weeded out. The danger not just with potter but anyone is they are not given time to replace them.

Status
Not open for further replies.