New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, pretty seriously
It's a point not without merit

I’ve said previously I have reservations - but in terms of football style, how much rubbish have we endured? Don’t think he’s any worse than a lot of our recent managers in terms of football aesthetics.

Curious how Potter could do with better attackers. Brighton were relying on Maupay and Welbeck which is pretty dire. I like that he seems to have a philosophy. 17th is 17th though. It would be a gamble, but I’d understand it more than Howe.

Id prefer it if they had a list of just a few names...

They should have a contingency plan if the manager isnt able to continue.

Yes i think its £20mil to buy him out of Sporting.

However, have we got £20mil for Ancelotti? I dont know.. but if its a sizeable amount then were just bridging a gap.
Even if we have, which would shock me, I’d rather we spent it on players. We need like four new starters to be remotely competitive and 20mil buys maybe one if we spend it wisely.

Thats why we need a strong manager, someone who aint gonna take an rubbish from these frauds. So for me we go all out for Conte or Bielsa...
Don’t think we get either, load of pipe dreams in this thread, thinking a new manager will come in and instantly fix the squad. We are screwed

He wasn’t criticism free, some of his formations were diabolical, the Newcastle away game you could see from the start was never going to work. Also his substitutions or lack of were questionable. Mostly, as I’ve stated previously, I put down to the old guard being reintroduced into the side and the same level of performances we’d been used to the previous season kicked in again, it’s just no coincidence for me.

I just wish many would go back to the previous season under Silva and actually look at the performances. Compare them to how we were early on under Carlo at the begging of this season when all of his better players were available and on form, then compare it to the performances we got when the old guard were reintroduced and we were left using centre half’s as full backs and had no right side what so ever.

Two different managers now have had these same set of players (minus 3) and not been able to make them play like a team consistently, or give their all in every game as expected. They have to take full responsibility for their own individual performances.
I do t get why ppl think it’s the managers fault when clearly it’s the players and totally unbalanced team/squad

I don't know about the bottling culture part mostly because I don't think we really bottle things as much as people say. Like people go on about bottling the cups this year but I don't think we really did. We just got beat by far better teams.

I feel we need to lay the foundation. For me that means someone like Potter or Favre that can get the team playing better while pointing them in a direction that we can build toward and recruit for. And if in 3 or 4 years we feel they aren't the one to take it on then we go get someone who maybe can (that doesn't mean Mourinho as Spurs found out).

I think a lot of the names we'd want to do that would be in common. Bielsa would certainly be something but I just worry about where we'd end up and whether we could move on from it when he inevitably does.
Why do you think a new manager is going to get this team to play better football? Our midfield has zero pace whoever you play, non of them can beat a man. We have zero wingers and 1 rb who 145 years old.
Yet for some reason you seem to think a new manager going to wave a magic wand and we be Brazil from the 70s

also fans get bored and annoyed at 1 system managers, Silva/Martinez

We need to focus on young players. Recruiting the right ones and improving our academy. You need a manager who can develop them for that to work.

We cant sign more Allan or James type players. The quick fix isn't going to happen now without Ancelotti. The next manager needs to build a squad and be here a long time. This will not get fixed quickly and we are at a metaphorical crossroads. What is our plan over the next 3 or 4 years and how do we find consistent improvements?
Unless the manager gets Europe then fans will want him out. There no 3/4 year build it’s now or never with some fans, we just lost the best manager we probably ever have and ppl are happy

Why do you think a new manager is going to get this team to play better football? Our midfield has zero pace whoever you play, non of them can beat a man. We have zero wingers and 1 rb who 145 years old.
Yet for some reason you seem to think a new manager going to wave a magic wand and we be Brazil from the 70s

also fans get bored and annoyed at 1 system managers, Silva/Martinez
I can't believe people still think Martinez was that.

Putting that aside I think there are plenty of managers who can institute a system that builds toward success. It might not happen next year but I think they can start laying the platform and not abandon it at the first sign of trouble like Carlo did.

Status
Not open for further replies.