New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get the aversion to nuno. Took a newly promoted club to seventh and actually kept them competitive the next season despite the rigors of Europa league and a relatively small squad. This season was mediocre largely due to wolves undermining him through shady and lackluster transfers which profited Mendez. They sold one of their best players and replaced him with a unremarkable 18 year old and then they lost their main striker for half the season due to reckless sideshow bob. I'm not saying he's the solution but he's a decent manager.
I don't think his teams performances have ever been that remarkable and the style is as unwatchable as anything the worst of Carlo, Dyche or Big Sam can come up with.

I don't get the aversion to nuno. Took a newly promoted club to seventh and actually kept them competitive the next season despite the rigors of Europa league and a relatively small squad. This season was mediocre largely due to wolves undermining him through shady and lackluster transfers which profited Mendez. They sold one of their best players and replaced him with a unremarkable 18 year old and then they lost their main striker for half the season due to reckless sideshow bob. I'm not saying he's the solution but he's a decent manager.

Probably their best manager since Stan Cullis an absolute age ago. Granted he started from a lowly position but two 7th place finishes, a domestic semi and a European quarter final is impressive.

One thing he did well was unify the squad and build an esprit de corps that Everton are badly lacking. I’m not completely sold but out of the names floating about so far he’s one of the best.

I don't think his teams performances have ever been that remarkable and the style is as unwatchable as anything the worst of Carlo, Dyche or Big Sam can come up with.
His style might not be attractive swashbuckling football but to equate it to those fossils is unfair in my opinion. I've observed some decent matches under his watch.

His style might not be attractive swashbuckling football but to equate it to those fossils is unfair in my opinion. I've observed some decent matches under his watch.
I think it is totally fair. This year I avoided watching Wolves for this reason.

I think it is totally fair. This year I avoided watching Wolves for this reason.
I thought Neto provided some memorable moments you're entitled to your take. But don't you think leeds is garbage too? In your mind outside the sky 6 whose style could we emulate or hold as a proper example of how to play?

I thought Neto provided some memorable moments you're entitled to your take. But don't you think leeds is garbage too? In your mind outside the sky 6 whose style could we emulate or hold as a proper example of how to play?
Leeds are exciting. The problem for me with Leeds is I don't think a. that it can be a consistent top four style and b. that we can adopt it long term and have it stick across managers. Bielsa goes and it is a reset. And it's just over the line from aggressive to reckless imo.

Wolves I just think are horrendously boring and would prefer to not have to watch that. I have some doubts about just how good Nuno is too but that's harder to say for sure.

I'm being serious. I thought Wolves were horrendously boring under him and the success level wasn't worth that.

Now i dont want Nuno...but

How can their success not be worth a style of football?

Got them promoted, into europe...mid table after selling players and injuries.

Hes been successful at Wolves for a club their size.

If it all goes to form.
Moshiri will listen to all the opinion...probably too much opinion, then at the very last minute make a call based on a whim.

(What's Zinedan doing?)

Now i dont want Nuno...but

How can their success not be worth a style of football?

Got them promoted, into europe...mid table after selling players and injuries.

Hes been successful at Wolves for a club their size.
Dyche finished 7th too is basically my thinking. He's not that bad, but not far enough away.

Status
Not open for further replies.