New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
On days like today I like to hover over the season ticket renewal button and think of all the brilliant ways I could blow £525.

A Costco spree?
A donation to the Labour Party?
Some spicy new car mats?
A VIP experience at X in the City?

No, I think I’ll watch young Edward Howe live out his boyhood dream from my 30x30cm legroom seat. That’s the one for me.
This costs about £20 by the way

Lampard I cannot understand at all..
Both sarri and tuchel outperformed him at Chelsea. The same players did not play well for him . He has done nothing to be considered.

We need to focus on young players. Recruiting the right ones and improving our academy. You need a manager who can develop them for that to work.

We cant sign more Allan or James type players. The quick fix isn't going to happen now without Ancelotti. The next manager needs to build a squad and be here a long time. This will not get fixed quickly and we are at a metaphorical crossroads. What is our plan over the next 3 or 4 years and how do we find consistent improvements?

I don't know about the bottling culture part mostly because I don't think we really bottle things as much as people say. Like people go on about bottling the cups this year but I don't think we really did. We just got beat by far better teams.

I feel we need to lay the foundation. For me that means someone like Potter or Favre that can get the team playing better while pointing them in a direction that we can build toward and recruit for. And if in 3 or 4 years we feel they aren't the one to take it on then we go get someone who maybe can (that doesn't mean Mourinho as Spurs found out).

I think a lot of the names we'd want to do that would be in common. Bielsa would certainly be something but I just worry about where we'd end up and whether we could move on from it when he inevitably does.
The most overused word in football fans' lexicon.

I don't know about the bottling culture part mostly because I don't think we really bottle things as much as people say. Like people go on about bottling the cups this year but I don't think we really did. We just got beat by far better teams.

I feel we need to lay the foundation. For me that means someone like Potter or Favre that can get the team playing better while pointing them in a direction that we can build toward and recruit for. And if in 3 or 4 years we feel they aren't the one to take it on then we go get someone who maybe can (that doesn't mean Mourinho as Spurs found out).

I think a lot of the names we'd want to do that would be in common. Bielsa would certainly be something but I just worry about where we'd end up and whether we could move on from it when he inevitably does.

I think the bottling culture in the team is quite evident and has been for years to be honest, I’m not talking of cups per say, I’m talking of games this year when we really could have pushed on and put the top 4 under pressure, when that was lost, we bottled a game with Sheff Utd, fixtures before it to press home for Europe and the Villla game after, I could go back over the last four seasons and pick out similar scenarios. This squad of players don’t have the right attitude, leadership or confidence in my opinion. I don’t have much problem being beaten by a better team with more quality, I do have an issue with being beaten by a worse team with a better attitude, especially with a prize like European football on the line, season in, season out - it was a Wolves game the season before this, just capitulation. My opinion mind.

Im honestly, a bit miffed with this appointment, any one I want I don’t think we will get. I’m concerned really as we need to make some appointment and I hope we don’t just do it, to do it, pickings at the moment seem a bit slim in terms of options or we are well down the food chain. That is of course unless we throw money at it, which got us where we are now with Ancelotti today, so that isn’t even a sustainable model.

Last edited:
With Carlo it was out of the blue, done and over very quick. There were no top clubs managerless and was sold on the rebuild and funds. It was an opportune time.

Your Conte's of this world won't be persuaded with wages but whether they want the rebuild job over a number of years without champions league or able to compete.
Best to wait and see - im not worrying about it as lets be honest post Moist its been one disaster after another im pretty much ambivalent to it all currently wasnt arsed whatsoever Carlo went today

We need to focus on young players. Recruiting the right ones and improving our academy. You need a manager who can develop them for that to work.

We cant sign more Allan or James type players. The quick fix isn't going to happen now without Ancelotti. The next manager needs to build a squad and be here a long time. This will not get fixed quickly and we are at a metaphorical crossroads. What is our plan over the next 3 or 4 years and how do we find consistent improvements?
Why does Lampard give the impression of doing this.

Oh i work in the Sport Science dept of a Uni mate, we teach football coaching, data analysis for sport, sports media, sports admin. I work with a couple of people who have a far, far better knowledge than me. One of the data guys has an encyclopaedic knowledge of players and can tell you the entire career history of some striker playing in the Croatian 3rd division, he's always good for players to watch out for.

Wow, that sound like a fascinating job mate, be really interested to hear some of the expertise!

Would you and your pal mind joining a WhatsApp group with Marcel! lol

On days like today I like to hover over the season ticket renewal button and think of all the brilliant ways I could blow £525.

A Costco spree?
A donation to the Labour Party?
Some spicy new car mats?
A VIP experience at X in the City?

No, I think I’ll watch young Edward Howe live out his boyhood dream from my 30x30cm legroom seat. That’s the one for me.
Ha ha

Status
Not open for further replies.