New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What would people say about lampard? Likes to use youth, would be given time to build a team here... went wrong for him at Chelsea but only because they need success immediately.. rather him than any of the others in the poll for me

Someone mentioned Gaultier. I would be right behind that appointment. Our strips would look better, at the very least...

1622581479458.png

You could be right on Farke, I always have a bit of time for a manager who has a philosphey and has the courage to stick with it, we need that. I also like how he coaches and improve players, but maybe he is a bit naieve. Next year could tell a lot. I just want this next appointment to have a philosphey and stick, so we can build. I’m tired with reboots, it’s stifles any progress.

For me, I think style is the roof in the house. The problem we have is the foundations, attitude and values. We have a bottling culture, since money came to the club.

I want a manager the players will play for, a manager who can cultivate, but also put down boundaries in terms of baseline attitude and effort.

Bielsa I rate really highly, I agree there is a limit on his philosphey but also value, a lot of what he sells we need. My manager of the year this year. Agree he won’t leave Leeds.

I rate Davey highly, more then most Evertonians, maybe I’m biased as i lived through so many relegation fights before he came and got us close to achieving. He has skills in terms of attitude, recruitment, on and off the pitch all of which we need. He could be tempted, maybe, I think his family live in the North East still.

Poch would be the dream. He will have way better options though.

Someone else I thought might have game on occasion was Hasenhuttl, but don’t think we’ve one player to implement his philosphey and it can be boom and bust.
I don't know about the bottling culture part mostly because I don't think we really bottle things as much as people say. Like people go on about bottling the cups this year but I don't think we really did. We just got beat by far better teams.

I feel we need to lay the foundation. For me that means someone like Potter or Favre that can get the team playing better while pointing them in a direction that we can build toward and recruit for. And if in 3 or 4 years we feel they aren't the one to take it on then we go get someone who maybe can (that doesn't mean Mourinho as Spurs found out).

I think a lot of the names we'd want to do that would be in common. Bielsa would certainly be something but I just worry about where we'd end up and whether we could move on from it when he inevitably does.

He did do ok yes. But Koeman did better. Like he did well but was not amazing. I think he hit a sweet spot at Spurs. I'm not completely convinced what he does is transferable.

Like hes a good manager, but I'm not sure hes quite as elite as some make out.

I'm not sure I'd have him over Favre.
Poch stays with that set of players he at least matches Koeman. The ultimate opportunist is Ronald.

Status
Not open for further replies.