New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to ask Conte first (we never would have thought Carlo would have considered us) then I’d move for Kovac or ten Hag. Emery and Fonseca worth considering but I would not be excited about many others mentioned so far.

At the moment we do not have a squad of world class or anything like world class players so I beleieve we shoiuld be looking for a manager capable of doin the sort of job David Moyes did with mediocre players

If that happens, I'm not even giving him a chance. Doesn't deserve one.

I'm done. Hoping for a minor miracle that we bring someone decent in, but that's our summer absolutely destroyed now, an exodus of any half-decent player we have when we hire the inevitable no-mark manager. Just a disaster.

I can't make one argument for continuing an interest in football as an Evertonian. Joke club, joke sport, increasingly ruined for the everyday fan.
Agree timing is absolutely terrible and summer is fatally undermined.

All summer plans for a 10th placed team would have been based on the pull of Ancelloti. All in the bin now. Players told they weren't good enough get second (third, fourth?) chance.

Likely that James' people are already working out an exit strategy, others may well be doing similar.

I am disappointed in Ancelloti, I believed all the lines about his integrity and the 'nicest man in football'. I'm sure it is all true and I get the fact that it is RM, but this feels like he couldn't get out quick enough.

Genuinely feel empty.

There is no way we'll be getting in a big name manager again, as none will want to come and invest in a new project that is a 3 year minimum job.

The squad is horrible, so getting a possession based, pretty football focused manager is also suicidal as we don't have the players for it.

We get a solid more defensive manager...fans won't like it.

Either way, we're very close to becoming a Palace or Burnley than we are a Leicester or Spurs with this next appointment.

We honestly have to bite the bullet and get someone who's willing to work from the ground up. Forget about European football and being competitive, it's about making a good football team again. Blood youngsters, gamble of prospects etc.

Who that is, I don't know. But it's looking bad.

Not arguing, we're now totally screwed. This summer was massive and it's in the bin already. Any and all targets based on Ancelotti are now dead in the water. The decent players we do have will be looking to get off the sinking ship.

We're done. All ambition, gone. Sets us back at least three years, probably five, possibly ten. It's not hyperbole; I don't see the point in supporting Everton or, with [Poor language removed] like VAR, even being a football fan anymore.

No - Mendes doesn’t own Everton! Wasn’t that part of the rational of signing Silva, who was his client?
Wolves benefitted by having the "influence" of Mendes who manages quite a pool of talented players - my point was that if Numo came to us, the possibly we would have access to that same pool.

I dont say this with a lot of assurance, but considering the Brands extension, this decision has to be his almost exclusively. I have doubts on Brands general abilities as DoF, but his abiliity to have a stamp on managerial hires that fit his plans hasnt happened over his tenure. Both Silva and Carlo seemed top down from Moshiri, and didnt seem like a seamless fit with the PSV development vision. If Brands has any ethos or above averrage talent as a DoF is worthy of speculation, but with the new contract and not a lot of stability, what other direction does Everton have?

If that happens, I'm not even giving him a chance. Doesn't deserve one.

I'm done. Hoping for a minor miracle that we bring someone decent in, but that's our summer absolutely destroyed now, an exodus of any half-decent player we have when we hire the inevitable no-mark manager. Just a disaster.

I can't make one argument for continuing an interest in football as an Evertonian. Joke club, joke sport, increasingly ruined for the everyday fan.

Three players isn't an exodus

Status
Not open for further replies.