New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it shows that mendes will run rings around moshiri. It took 2 weeks because he was going to palace. Either mendes has been in moshiri's ear and that's why they pulled out, or palace pulled the plug because they were dragging their feet. Either way, he's done our owner up like a kipper.

Brands was too busy taking up his new director roles, to get involved.

Fully expecting more of the same over the summer.

A line from Paul Joyce's article in The Times: "The Iranian billionaire Moshiri has been leading Everton’s search for a new manager".

What qualifies him to lead the search for a manager? The guy is clearly an excellent businessman, but you could fit everything he knows about football on the back of a fag packet. Joke.
He knows nothing about football. Every decision he has made around player purchases or managerial appointments had been a total failure.

We are genuinely worse off as a club with him in charge.

Let’s be 100% honest here, any manager is on a hiding to nothing at this club because there isn’t a universally backed choice

NES - already getting pelters
Galtier - not rated even though he’s just pulled off an unlikely title win over PSG
Benitez - fair game cos of his connection to them
Conte - glamour manager, couldn’t agree deal at Spurs
Howe - priced himself out of Celtic job at the last minute
Moyes and Martinez - been there done that
Garcia - outside choice
Terim - bizarre choice
Ferguson - sentimental choice based on 4 games pre Ancelotti
I’ve seen almost nothing but positivity about Galtier. He was a really good option and it looks like we’ve gone for ‘safe’. Incredibly underwhelming.

I’m just baffled that for the last few seasons Wolves have always been one of those teams that people have cryarsed about ‘they’re going to overtake us’, ‘why can they play pressing football and we can’t’ ‘ why did we not buy Neves/Neto/Traore/Jimenez/literally anyone who plays for them’

Then when we get their manager it’s ‘he plays the slowest most boring football in the league’

Grow up. Some of you need to take 5 seconds off from hating Everton.
They did overtake us.
They then lost their best players.
It’s quite simple really,
I can understand people being underwhelmed, but some of the stuff being posted is a bit OTT.

The appointment of NES would signal a complete lack of ambition.and a capitulation to mediocrity by the board.
Get ready for even more ultra defensive football at Goodison.
Christmas certainly won't come early with this Santo.
Wasn’t that long ago he was pulling up trees with Wolves and being touted as a target for Man Utd. Didn’t Wolves beat Man City home and away prior to last season?

1 bad season at Wolves does not all of a sudden make him garbage. Especially when it could be said that losing his star players was the main reason and Traore was off form.

That said though, I am still underwhelmed as I really had set my hopes on Galtier, his credentials made him a perfect fit.
TBF Nunos credentials are probably better and more suited?

Nuno has done a good job with Wolves. It is difficult to argue against that. Nevertheless, this appears to be an uninspired employment. Personally, I'm not sure if I'll be able to watch any more Everton matches in a while. Counter-attacking football - with Gylfi and Gomes - and diagonal balls against the sides - does not exactly get me in an erotic mood.

They were. They sat deep and counter attacked; exactly the same style that you’ve just slated Ancelotti for doing

Neither were they, the football was not good. The Wolves fan has just said entertainment was a 6. And FYI we still have those players, so what you expecting Nuno inject pace into them.

From what Wolves fans say he waits until the game is lost before he makes subs and doesn't play youngsters, even if they're good.

Sounds pretty similar to Ancelotti just without the same CV.

Crap appointment.

Ancelotti stated he wanted to play a higher line and would add more excitement by being more attacking next season.

It was like the style of play for step 1 of a rebuild.

So what do we do? Sign a manager who is stuck on step 1...

Weve had fans slate Ancelotti for the style (fair enough)

Then now say they like Nuno and enjoy his football (its the same as we just witnessed)

Then all these different excuses for him and how well hes done?

The bloke has been given hundreds of millions...and hes not even adapted his negative style of play.

Whats the difference with Dyche? Allardyce? Wilder?

The players Mendes gave him.

This may have already been posted. Interesting

Lets hope the club have noticed the massive negative feedback online...

The fact is you have spent £280 odd million in transfers in the last 3 seasons. So don't how you can say he has worked wonders on a budget. He has had a lot of money to spend in that time frame. More than most clubs in the league.

Hes not even signed the players. Hes been a total stooge for Mendes.

What were getting is a Mendes stooge whose been given players for 4 seasons.

Stuck to the same boring negative play.

This is the same manager Wolves just sacked as they recognised he was incapable of taking them further.

Wolves.

Then Palace who didnt think he was worth backing enough to bring his backroom staff.

I’m just baffled that for the last few seasons Wolves have always been one of those teams that people have cryarsed about ‘they’re going to overtake us’, ‘why can they play pressing football and we can’t’ ‘ why did we not buy Neves/Neto/Traore/Jimenez/literally anyone who plays for them’

Then when we get their manager it’s ‘he plays the slowest most boring football in the league’

lollollol

Spot on.

Did anyone actually actually accuse Wolves of playing pressing football?
Who?
Why?!!

They did overtake us.
They then lost their best players.
It’s quite simple really,
I can understand people being underwhelmed, but some of the stuff being posted is a bit OTT.

I just don’t know who people were expecting?

We’ve been burned twice now by ‘Hollywood’ managers who didn’t really want to be here. Surely we’d hope the club would learn its lesson that using money to convince a Conte to manage a team he didn’t really want to would probably not end well.

We are a mid table premier league side with a very average squad. It becomes an extremely poor squad as we have 3 or 4 top players dragging a cast of very poor players into whiny average. When they are injured we are very poor indeed. We also have an FFP problem stopping us from ploughing any meaningful investment into the club. We also have one of the worst injury records in the premier league. The media in this country don’t like us, we are sandwiched between 3 of the biggest richest clubs in Europe, and there’s 7 clubs already miles ahead of us all going for 4 spaces for CL football.

The chances of success are absolutely minimal which is probably one of the reasons Carlo bailed. A lot of managers are used to going to a different league, taking a decent team, spending a bit of money then within a season or two you’re in the CL. It won’t happen in England. They could do a great job and finish 8th twice and have the fans on their back. Why would any manager want it apart from the money or love for the club?

Status
Not open for further replies.