New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not attention seeking at all, just came on here after the news from Percy about him being all but appointed by the sounds of things.

I'm a Wolves fan, I've sat and watched a Nuno side for the last 4 years, and apart from last season I enjoyed every second. I won't sit here and make out he's perfect, like I say, I wrote pretty much a whole essay out of my own will responding to an Everton fan asking about him a week ago maybe, and if you want to read it, feel free too. I truly believe he wouldn't be as underwhelming of an appointment as you guys are making him out to be.
Thanks mate. Appreciate it.

They ran around less than Everton last season. Let that sink in. Less......than...... Everton.

Its tactical rather than motivational, he's very well liked at Wolves even now... still, Goodison will despise it unless he starts off strong. Having said that, if he starts off strong, it'll go down just as well as Ancelotti's run did when we were playing bilge but still beating better teams than us

Not attention seeking at all, just came on here after the news from Percy about him being all but appointed by the sounds of things.

I'm a Wolves fan, I've sat and watched a Nuno side for the last 4 years, and apart from last season I enjoyed every second. I won't sit here and make out he's perfect, like I say, I wrote pretty much a whole essay out of my own will responding to an Everton fan asking about him a week ago maybe, and if you want to read it, feel free too. I truly believe he wouldn't be as underwhelming of an appointment as you guys are making him out to be.
My take is that it'll be a little different when you've not been in the PL for awhile (and if I remember correct not stayed up in longer) than if you're where we are where we've been waiting for a good decade now to move up to the next level and maybe win something or become a consistent European competitor. Add in that we've now had five straight permanent managers who play dire stuff and it just feels like the wrong time even if Nuno isn't a bad manager all told.

He's not crap. 51% win ratio at Valencia; 55% win ratio at Porto; 48% win ratio at Wolves.

FFS, go and compare those numbers with the bellends we've hired recently
I’m not arsed. He plays boring football and collapsed after 1 injury and 1 sale at Wolves. If he wins a pot with us or gets Europe twice in a row maybe I’ll change my tune but until then he’s a purely uninspiring, easy option, mediocrity accepting, risk adverse suit that’ll be gone by the time I work out how to pronounce his name correctly.

Brought to Wolves...never played by Nuno.

Now valued at £60mil 2 seasons later...

Let's just set things clear, Goncalves was a young player in our U23's, he was homesick and wanted to go back to Portugal. Wolves tried everything to keep him at the club, even tried housing him with Neves & his family for a season, but it didn't work. Sometimes players & signings just don't work out, he's one of them. He's gone back to where he wanted in Portugal and flourished, none of that is Nuno's fault.

11% mate. That's some serious backing by the general supporters.
Joint 4th highest in a pretty large spread of votes and one of those choices before him is ‘Other’. He was not my first choice, but I’m going to get behind the guy, if it’s him. I’m grateful it’s not ‘Big Dunc’ or ‘Davey Moyes’.

It's not my fault that the majority of your fans are acting entitled over a manger who would very likely do well for you. You can't seriously have expectations of mangers like Conte & the top 4 every season?? Nuno would be a good manger to bring in, solidify things early on, and if given a chance, build on it too. How you can't see that is beyond me.

I've wrote an in depth & balanced response about him on this forum already if you wish to look through my short history of posts and read it, but Nuno seriously isn't as underwhelming as you guys are making him out to be.
thank u buddy the real the everton fans stand with ur truth please do not back down from these slimeballs thank u.

Status
Not open for further replies.