New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You go for the devil you know...the mighty David Moyes...always delivered more or less with barely anything to spend...

Weird, here's me thinking he bought Fellaini for 15m, Yakubu for 11m, Bilylaughyaheadoff for 11m, Beattie for 7m etc,

Fact is, Moyes best signings were bargains, the type of bargains that do not exist in modern football.

Whoever we get in I want them to be a manager that prioritises high intensity and doesn’t play players who won’t buy in to that. Someone like Bielsa would be my ideal even if we do not have the players currently capable of carrying it out like the Leeds lot do.

Carlo could have been great here and he is a top manager but if he didn’t have the appetite for the fight then we find someone that does

Someone on Radio Merseyside earlier said they wanted Joachim Loew.

Not sure how I feel about that.

Someone else suggested "Nuno Esperanto"....

Hand on heart, I'd take Benitez in a heartbeat. Today has reminded us that there's no room for sentiment in football. He's a great manager and I think he'd be really good for us.

I'd probably be ok with Nuno. I think DCL would thrive under him just as Jimenez has at Wolves. But I don't feel like he'd be able to take us beyond 7th.

I'd understand Moyes and would be intrigued to see him with money - I've always thought he buys very well, and some of the players we allegedly missed out on due to money while he was here lead me to believe he'd recruit well given a bigger budget.

Any of them three and I'd back us to not lose too much ground and probably even do better than this season. But none would have me dreaming the way Carlo did.

Conte or Poch would be amazing but I just can't see either of them coming in all honesty. Would be incredible if they did.

Howe would be a total punt and I'd back it to end really, really badly. He's too....well....nice.

Who would you try and go for mate?
A lot of names mentioned here intrigue me. Pochettino and Conte are the best options but probably also unrealistic. Of the ones that make more sense Favre, Potter and the guy from Lille seem decent enough. I'd have to go deeper into it to actually pick the best one. I also don't hate the Gallardo idea but getting him to leave Argentina might take some doing and is a risk with him having very limited European experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.