New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't matter who we get he won't have Carlo's CV, gutted he has jumped ship. Mish backed him, got him Allan,James players with big reputation's, I just can't see the new manager having the same pulling power.

Gutted

I don’t think we backed him at all really. Allardyce had more backing in his first transfer window. Carlo weren’t even given funds to spend in his first transfer window. In the summer I believe Doucoure was on the cards before Carlo arrived given our interest in him the season before, Godfrey we know was a Brands signing, as confirmed by Carlo. So his only signings were James on a free and Allan for the £25m or whatever it was. Not even sure if he was 100% convinced on signing King. They let him head into the season with one right back and no right sided winger. Which cost us massively when we lost Coleman and James was unavailable to play there.

Fonseca
Ten Hag
Conte
Gasperini
Gaultier

Fonseca - Available; and just got sacked for being bloody awful at Roma.

Ten Hag - Spurs went after, Ajax gave a new contract not happening

Conte - Like Ancelotti, but equally not. Ancelotti stock was low, Conte’s is seemingly high having just won a Big League in Europe. Can afford him, but would he come?

Gasperini - Never leaving Atalanta... he’s royalty. He’s untouchable and supposedly told Juve where to go.

Gaultier - Looks like he’s off to Nice.

Still want Favre me, think he’s the smartest move. Conte is the dream move, just because he has a reputation and we need something good, and not Bournemouth cast offs.

I have a feeling its going to be Nuno and I am not delighted. I do think he is prem worthy, but what indicators are there that he will suceed more at Everton than at Wolves. A club thats a Portuguese satillite, had Mendes who he was clearly close with etc. I would bet he achieves nothing higher than what he could muster at Wolves. Admirable sure, but not good enough especially if it doesnt come with a giant development caveat or other ratonale.

giphy.gif
Didn’t see Carlo clapping in the rain. Get him in, look at the pash’un lad

I believe it takes a very different type of manager/coach to make silk purses out of sow's ears than it does to manage a team of silk purses. Very often championship coaches get great results from teams they build then fail to sustain that performance once they have a couple of seasons in the premiere league with a sprinkling of newly added stars. Carlo managed silk purses. We need to be better than the sum of our parts, the last few managers have had us worse than the sum of our parts. We need a horses for courses approach. That said I am 100% against the relegation retreads, Dyche, Howe, NES, even Silva and Martinez fell into that category. We need a motivator but not only for the players but for the fans too. Someone who gets us all excited about next season not a more of the same appointment!

Would be a step back for Conte.

No way he'll be even thinking of coming here.

What will happen is that we'll probably ask. Be politely told no.
We'll knock around some other decent named managers.
During this time we'll keep the door open for Nuno, Howe, Lampard etc
2 months go by....

Eddie Howe will be manager.

I thought Conte would be going to Madrid, not sure what his options are now, us or spurs?

I think some of the Moyes, Howe shouts are just lazy journalism, but I thought the ancelotti to real madrid shouts were lazy journalism too, so shows what I know.

I hope we get a manager in soon because we need at least 5 players and we are not going to be signing anyone while there is no manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.