New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
…I have no strong feelings for or against Benitez, Zat.

I can see the attraction for Moshiri, I think he wants stability during the ground development and Benitez will provide that. He’s very single-minded, he has an ego (i know he was fuming when Gerrard brought Houlier into the dressing room after the CL final in Istanbul).

Saying that, I wouldn’t be surprised if we’re talking about somebody completely different in 24 hours.
Rafael was relegated only a few years ago with Newcastle.

We’ve tried young and apparently upcoming (Martinez and Silva), we’ve tried somebody who was over achieving at another PL club (Koeman) and we’ve tried an older established manager who was considered one if the worlds best which was a bit of a statement appointment.

I truly believe that now we have made the leap to the Ancelotti bracket, that’s where the board will be focussing their attention.

Talk about creating a narrative with only a select part of history.

Who did he buy at Liverpool?

Torres
Xabi Alonso
Mascherano
Luis Garcia
Dirk Kuyt
Crouchy
Glen Johnson
Agger
Skrtel
Pepe Reina
Benayoun
Momo Sissoko
Fabio Aurelio
Zenden
Raheem Sterling
Jonjo Shelvey
Suso
Insua
Ayala
Paletta

He also wanted to buy Aguero, Vidic, Dani Alves, David Silva and Aaron Ramsey at Liverpool, but the club wouldn't sanction the moves. So he was hamstrung.

At Newcastle he was promised money which never materialised. He was given his 5th or 6th choice signings. News has come out recently that he had a deal in place for Bruno who went to Man Utd and Ruben Dias who joined City.

He has a very good eye for talent. Don't forget he also signed Casameiro, Danilo, Kovacic and Lucas Vasquez at Madrid. Advised Liverpool to purchase Coutinho from him at Inter, when he was leaving. Had scouted Luis Suarez at Liverpool for 18 months before he joined at which point Rafael had already left, Jorginho, Higuain, Koulibaly, Mertens, De Guzman, Callejon, Albiol, Gabbiadini at Napoli. Almiron, Schar, Fernandez, Dubravka, Rondon at Newcastle.

What

I initially voted Potter , still believe its the right call , but conviction behind the call is more due to limited candidates that stick out rather than being totally convinced , also we have had a number of managers in a short timescale with varied management styles , experience etc , etc ?

Therefore I feel lets go for a less experienced candidate , someone whom is not going to jump ship as soon as one of the big clubs comes calling EG Conte and will be given time to rebuild ?
Nuno Santo is a candidate I would have voted for before last season and is 2nd on my short list , the reason I didn't vote for him is he seemed to show limitations when his main players were injured , at Everton he could / will face the same predicament ?

After Carlo whom was almost unanimously backed Its going to be a tough choice , whichever way it goes based on the posts with very divided opinions , lets hope we get it right , we supporters deserve a change of fortune and a team to be proud of for a change

Over the past week I think I've come around to the idea that Potter might be the right man for us. If we want a project, someone who will hopefully stay and build a team of contenders .

But at the same time, I worry about the impact it might have on bringing in quality signings, who may have neve heard of him!

I can’t open those Telegraph articles so haven’t read the piece about Rafael - what are the sparknotes?
Nuno and Rafael though...we clowned ourselves dreaming of a Galtier didn’t we? Oh well at least I’d trust Rafael in the market

Status
Not open for further replies.