New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
People are actually arguing for Potter, are these people not old enough to remember the early 90’s where we lucky not to get relegated more than once ?

If we end up with Potter he won’t last till Christmas and e will end up in a genuine relegation scrap.

folk have short memories

People are actually arguing for Potter, are these people not old enough to remember the early 90’s where we lucky not to get relegated more than once ?

If we end up with Potter he won’t last till Christmas and e will end up in a genuine relegation scrap.

folk have short memories
Mate the 94 season was 27 years ago it really isn't that short of a memory to not remember it

folk have short memories

Mad that people can’t see the similarities between him and Howe. In two years time we will look back at these debates and laugh a lot at the xG gremlins.

folk have short memories
I think there just a few folk who are very easily nudged and manipulated by a few Echo articles buddy

folk have short memories

Some will happily take finishing 15th every season just so they can watch us win the occasional game 3-2 playing hipster futbol.

Baffling.

Moyes got our job on the strength of a promotion from league one and beaten play off finalists in the championship. He did alright relatively speaking.

I wonder if anyone can succeed here with 10th placed Carlo Ancelotti forever undermining their efforts.

Some will happily take finishing 15th every season just so they can watch us win the occasional game 3-2 playing hipster futbol.

Baffling.

My favourite was a Potter Swansea highlight video posted earlier in the thread.

They are losing in three of the matches when the goal goes in, and that was the match highlight.

What Potter would represent is the amazing myopia that permeates so many English football clubs. It's why Hodgson's failures at Palace and Liverpool (and Inter) were glossed over; why Silva got two Premier league jobs; why Howe is considered an option anywhere, and why Mark Hughes was ever gainfully employed.

Mad that people can’t see the similarities between him and Howe. In two years time we will look back at these debates and laugh a lot at the xG gremlins.
Yeah it's mad how we can't see the difference between the manager who in 5 years conceded a best of *checks notes* 61 goals and the one who conceded 46 last year while still playing something resembling the sport that the best teams in the league play. Weird.

I didn't even have to use xG.

We had a Brighton fan who used to post here called @BHvisitor This guy was an absolute muppet, who supported the rs as his second favourite side. He used to only post on here when we lost a game as well. But you seem to be alright. ;) I was worried that you were all rs loving bellends down there. lol
No worries on that front mate. I hate 2-club Johnnies. Cheers for the kind words. I'm a guest on this site, I need to respect tat.

I can get arsey on Twitter though, mainly with Palace fans. Actually, there's a lovely chap, Michael, (I'm sure lots of you will know who I mean) must be Everton's biggest fan, I follow on Twitter. He's very open and upfront about having Downs Syndrome, doesn't hold him back in any way. The chats we have and when you see his spelling and grammar has made me reassess a few preconceptions. A top bloke. We've agreed to meet up for a pint, next time I'm up

Who are the most reliable people to follow on Twitter for Everton news? It seems people like Myers just recaps what he reads elsewhere so sky sports news and sky bet have a reason to run with it.
Newsnow is boss on the internet. They get nothing right but it’s very exciting nonetheless

Hang on, Potter's league finishes are:

Osterund : 8th, 5th in a tinpot league
Swansea: 10th in the Championship
Brighton: 15th, 16th

And people genuinely think there is an argument for appointing him. Holy wow.

They were playing in front of less than a 1000 people in the 4th division of swedish football to 8th and 5th in the top division and beating galatasary and arsenal in the europa league within a few years.
Thats not to shabby for his first job.

Status
Not open for further replies.