New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We know they've produced f.a. from the academy of late; we know that they've been part and parcel of the last 4/5 failed regimes.

I mean, what assistant manager serves under 5 different managers - as Ferguson has - and retains their job? It's ludicrous this job for life he apparently has.
I mean he’s only been an assistant under 1 manager afaik.

Let’s be honest, none of us have any idea whether he’s a good coach, or what level of input he’s had into those regimes you mention. He might have had a lot (which could certainly be a mark against him) or he might have had very little - which could go either way.

In fact I’d say there have really only been 2 pieces of anything approaching clarity…

The first is that we know he’s done a good amount of one to one work with DCL. It would be hard to argue that Dom hasn’t improved over the last few years. That said, we don’t know how much of that is down to Duncan’s influence.

The second is the spell he had in charge of the team before Ancelotti was appointed. It was a very short spell, and hard to draw many conclusions, but you’d be hard pressed for any conclusions you DID decide to draw to be particularly negative.

At the end of the day we really have next to no idea of what his role and influence have or haven’t been. But that’s less fun to shout about on an Internet forum.

Who are the most reliable people to follow on Twitter for Everton news? It seems people like Myers just recaps what he reads elsewhere so sky sports news and sky bet have a reason to run with it.

Who are the most reliable people to follow on Twitter for Everton news? It seems people like Myers just recaps what he reads elsewhere so sky sports news and sky bet have a reason to run with it.
There are no real ITKs on Twitter, GOT excepted obviously lol, so would stick to reliable media outlets for news. Some of the fake ITKs are entertaining mind.

The most successful managers, the ones that lasted or game changers in the PL over the years have all had similar personality traits.

They usually have a myopic us vs them vibe, where you feel that they a bit nasty to outsiders whereas those inside the tent seem to all know the plan and stick together. Not gruff as such, good communicators but with a chip on the shoulder.

The mild mannered coaching types only serve their purpose for a couple of years. I think you need to be a good communicator and smart but with a ruthless streak.

The candidates mentioned could be good coaches but don’t stand out as being inspirational (Gautier aside as we wouldn’t know his character).

I don't login to the @davek account mate, that's a robot we built to drive engagement.

[Edit] Back on topic. Erm. I hate every name we've been linked with,
We’ve had the current Real Madrid manager.
We’ve had the current Barcelona manager.
We’ve had the current manager of the number 1 ranked international team Belgium.

We are literally left with no one to pick from who looks any good.

An utter mess.

Just google - news now Everton and all the latest EFC news stories / gossip are listed. Eggs mentioned it a year or two ago and I’ve used it ever since.

Status
Not open for further replies.