New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with the sentiments on Ferguson that he should get out of his comfort zone and take on a team elsewhere and work his way up.

He can't shoulder the blame for a succession of failed regimes but he is a common denominator in all of them.

That must dilute whatever added value and/or positivity he contributes in the mind of players, some of them, at least will think like us.

I remember hearing once in a business context that there was absolutely nothing to be gained in consistent failure, and unfortunately I have come to associate Ferguson with that also.
Completely agree Bri.
His continued presence can only be due to a lack of ruthlessness at Goodison and is frankly baffling.

Whatever we think of Ancelotti he is a top manager and was happy to have Ferguson sitting with him on the bench,or did Moshiri tell him you only get the job if you keep him. Stretching credulity a bit.
Ancelotti couldn’t have known anything about Duncan as a coach when he was offered the job, it couldn’t have been Carlo’s idea.

Ancelotti couldn’t have known anything about Duncan as a coach when he was offered the job, it couldn’t have been Carlo’s idea.
Did I not hear it mentioned that he has had club people in similar positions in the past to help ease the transition? Or it could have just been spin lol

But what makes you so sure we aren't going to be languishing in the bottom half if Potter takes over? It's a gamble when he hasn't really improved Brighton's results, their style of play yes but I need more to go on...He ticks the box of young progressive coach who can implement a system and work with a dof but a 25% win rate doesn't suggest (yet) that he can get us competing for Europe.
Well I'm not 'so sure'. I just think he has a higher ceiling than Nuno and I don't really know Galtier. If he would be better then I'd be happy with that too. I watched a lot of Brighton and could not believe the games they lost or failed to win and it had nothing to do with the style, just missed chances or a very poor goalie at the start. They were also far more exciting to watch than we were and I'm all for that right now because so many of our matches last year under a world class manager were painful to watch, even when we scraped a win. I don't want to watch Everton playing in a way that the best feeling I get is relief. I want us to deserve our wins with a attractive style and i think Potter can deliver that. He would need time like all managers and we may need to manage our expectations a bit better at first but I'd enjoy the ride, I think!

…if he won the Championship twice, does that also mean he got relegated from the PL?
Yes but with largely the same squad as won championship with first time up and trying to play decent football rather than resorting to big Sam style football. Come straight back up having sold Godfrey. As I say leftfield but the guy is clearly committed, has a style of play we would probably enjoy and improves players.

I think Potter knows what he's doing, but he has the look of someone who the fans would start calling a paedophile after a few poor results.

Asking for trouble.
This might be why we can't have nice things anymore! The 80's were more than a generation ago. 35 years since the league. We seriously need a reality check because it is getting tedious af. #PotterIn lol

Did I not hear it mentioned that he has had club people in similar positions in the past to help ease the transition? Or it could have just been spin lol
Hard to know but I doubt he interviewed DF for the role, it’s a certainty that Everton put him forward. Maybe he’s a good coach but he has to prove this on his own at a lower level first you would think.

Hard to know but I doubt he interviewed DF for the role, it’s a certainty that Everton put him forward. Maybe he’s a good coach but he has to prove this on his own at a lower level first you would think.
Probably should have been kept in the u23 setup. I can’t seem many managers wanting to have him imposed on them as assistant.

Status
Not open for further replies.