New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
…no, I think you underestimate the knowledge on here.

I think this market reflects the firms know nothing & act on rumour and the odd speculative bet. As many have pointed out, they mean nothing until one of the candidates goes long odds-on. I tend to post the top 10 in the betting each morning and highlight that the eventual appointee is probably not included at this point.

Just a bit of fun to add to the discussion.
And as I said, that’s fine, but you only have to look at some of the reactions to the odds changing to see that plenty actually think they have meaning.

one point worth bearing in mind is just what an unattractive proposition we are. If you were an ambitious young manager and your agent said 'how about the Everton job' you'd just rule it out instantly surely. Club is riven from top to bottom, not much money around, loads of ageing fancy dans on long contracts. Anyone any good will swerve to avoid us.

Everyone saying that Brighton is Potter's level... Brighton might be the smartest club in the country. Look into who their owner is and see why Potter may not be such a bad hire after all- if they think he's going to take them to the next level in the league (and the stats also suggest it), then I think he can do an even better job with us with greater resources.

I'm convinced he's the man to take us forward.
I've come around to this view also. Something about Potter feels right.

Hahahahaha. Come on then, who's responsible for this? lol

rangnick_wikipedia.jpg

That 'Top 5' on the betting list is one of the most depressing things i've ever read as an Evertonian

I genuinely wish we were skint again

The top 12 or so is grim but thats down to lazy bookies rather than us.

I reckon other than Nuno (before Palace) and Potter nobody else on that list has even been considered.

one point worth bearing in mind is just what an unattractive proposition we are. If you were an ambitious young manager and your agent said 'how about the Everton job' you'd just rule it out instantly surely. Club is riven from top to bottom, not much money around, loads of ageing fancy dans on long contracts. Anyone any good will swerve to avoid us.
I mean… no, but thanks for playing.

I have 0 issues with Duncan being our manager.

I have hundreds of issues with Duncan being our manager now. Let him go manage SOMEWHERE other than a top level PL club as his first job. Look at how deluded Arteta is with how limited a manager he is with a vastly better squad. You need experience in managing, simply "being there" isn't experience.

….I definitely wouldn’t want him. I wouldn’t even have him on the coaching staff but I could be totally wrong.

I also don’t think there’s much chance of him going elsewhere to prove his worth.

Only if you know that as a fact from a reliable source.

I honestly don't know what is happening behind the scenes at Everton with regards to the managerial appointment other than what the club has let been known which is how it should be. It's a matter of opinion if this is enough information for the fans; mine would be not enough - but it should be dictated by the club and not rumour and gossip.

The only rumour Ive read is something to do with finances

I take the point there is no ideal candidate most of them are a gamble on the list. Those are valid criticisms but looking at Fonseca his fast tempo style fits with us and he has a bit more a proven record than Potter looking at his win percentage. Farve has built teams and improved players.. Who do you favour?

Everyone is a gamble. Even Conte would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.