New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Duncan got the job for a few games because a manager had been sacked, the manager was not sacked because our results were too good for Everton FC.
Duncan took over a team that was in freefall and steadied the ship with some good results.

This with a squad that you are extremely critical of and before we had the signings from last summer so he had even less to work with.

He may or may not get the job and if he does he may not be a success but to try to deny that the results he got were not really good results simply flies in the face if the blindingly obvious .
"He may or may not get the job"

Lol.

You stand more chance of getting it.

And you perceive that to be a failure , after what form we were in, before he took over from another absolute failure that you irrationally supported , in the subsequently widely pursued Marco Silva. Just admit it mate , that you got it wildly wrong.
He didn't "take over" anything. He stepped in until a real football manager was chosen.

The ludicrous claims on this galloot's behalf are comical.

It just seemed like you felt Ferguson wasnt going to work long term and you fixed some evidence to suit that claim.

What you've put above makes a lot more se se to me. I probably share the same concerns that I dont know how sustainable it would be beyond the short term. I thought Ferguson showed he was a bit cuter than just an up and at them manager though and displayed some decent in game management. There is no doubt he rode the crest of a wave a bit though.

I wouldnt be against Ferguson if the right team was put in around him. I think he might be good for youth development as it happens. I get the sense you are quite keen on that?
I just need to see some evidence he's got an actual style of play to put in first. Yeah it was only four games but we basically decided midfield wasn't a thing we needed to use and that just can't work long term.

And I Named managers from those leagues and one more that were not native to that country.
Oh I get what you mean now. Sorry.

I was just using those two as examples. There are plenty of good footballing mines from outside of them. Just not from England so much. Except Potter.

Yeh, how deeply do you commit though?
We could spend another 100mil (sales as well as kitty) and be left with another mishmash of players. As you say, hopefully brands will direct the signings

If we appointed Ferguson and signed Ben White and Max Aarons then theyre both players who could do well for other managers and in other systems as well.

White has played CB/RB/DM and Aarons seems to be able to play both RB and RWB.

We could play a high line as they (and Godfrey) have the recovery pace which means were on the front foot. Or as a quick counter attacking team once the midfield is improved.

Where would we be with Bissouma, Lamptey and White ?

Where would Brighton be with DCL, Richarlison and James ?

I think your best bet is Nuno honestly.

Valverde is extremely good but and he wants to manage in England but I think he is holding out for the City or Liverpool job but maybe you can convince him of a project.

Status
Not open for further replies.