New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
They tell certain things but they don't tell everything do they. If you base every thing on them then you are not goin to succeed either.
As I said to finish 16th 2 seasons in a row then something isn't working.
Maybe we should just appoint Billy Beane.
No one is saying you can tell everything. And slight discrepancies don’t mean much. But when there is a LARGE discrepancies (like Brighton’s goals scored vs xG) you can usually draw some fairly reasonable conclusions… particularly when the stats in question are backed up by the sight test

I genuinely don’t even really understand what xg is, nevermind use it to decide whether a manager is good or not, but I’ve got eyes. Watching football tells me that potter has done a good job at Brighton - maybe not good enough to want him here, but good enough to think there’s worse options. Maybe it’s not that only weirdos who love xg see it, but that only dinosaurs don’t?

No one is saying you can tell everything. And slight discrepancies don’t mean much. But when there is a LARGE discrepancies (like Brighton’s goals scored vs xG) you can usually draw some fairly reasonable conclusions… particularly when the stats in question are backed up by the sight test

I saw some Kopite sharing something on Brighton. Basically it stated that they were hot unlucky it was bad finishing. On the same story it showed Liverpool were actually unlucky. So I mean I do take it with a large pinch of salt, as it was almost like they messed about the the data to find something to show them as unlucky, but was interesting nevertheless.

That's the key question with Potter though. Was it bad luck or bad game management? I seem to remember we did quite well on Xg under Silva but never felt unlucky.

that would be very innovative too.
Publish, communicate and get the whole club behind the strategy that we are in it for long-term improvement, and anything is fine for a final position
Sorry, only results generate cash and being a subsidised flop had a pretty short time limit. We need a kick-ass manager now!

And I never said they weren't a factor.
I would not be appointing a manager with 2 16th place finishes in the league because he has good xg stats. The biggest visual for me would be the 2 16th place finishes.

I am ready for a lot of abuse but here we go.
We are a club desperate to make the next step but not a big 'brand in todays terms. Hungry as hell, playing in the PL and have a bit of cash. We need a name who is equally hungry , an aggressive winner with a point to prove. One with enough experience and promise to give us a massive kick up the ass. Steven Gerrard
To all the middle fingers..at least you now have more fire in your belly than any other name in the frame

I am ready for a lot of abuse but here we go.
We are a club desperate to make the next step but not a big 'brand in todays terms. Hungry as hell, playing in the PL and have a bit of cash. We need a name who is equally hungry , an aggressive winner with a point to prove. One with enough experience and promise to give us a massive kick up the ass. Steven Gerrard
Gerrard is honestly not a bad idea except that it is Steven Gerrard. The resume is the right one.

Status
Not open for further replies.