New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
there seems to be a lot of potter interest, understandably so if youre an XG advocate.

but the thing is potter has undershot his XG in his last 3 seasons now, so its pretty safe to say that the XG models miss something in his system:

20/21 understat xpos 5th, actual pos 16th, 20 points short of xpts
19/20 understat xpos 13th, actual pos 15th, 7 points short of xpts
18/19 infogol xpos 5th, actual pos 10th

and he isnt a one off example. it obviously misses something in simeones system too:

athleti last 5 seasons off understat:

xpos 5 actual pos 1 ( 20 pts over xpts )
xpos 3 actual pos 3
xpos 5 actual pos 2 ( 16 pts over xpts )
xpos 3 actual pos 2 ( 17pts over xpts )
xpos 3 actual pos 3 ( 9 pts over xpts )

and theres others too, dyche is another example

so would you say XG models, which are still relatively new, still have some flaws and dont catch everything quite right? or do you believe that some managers are just always lucky, and some are always unlucky?

as ( generally ) a sane. logical person, i find it really difficult to believe the latter.

and if XG didnt exist, would anyone be saying potter?
I hate what football has become.

All that kind of crap in the post I’ve quoted
Little gimps on +250k a week
VAR
Incredible transfer fees
Weasel agents
Social media nonsense
The constant use of the word ‘project’
Pretending that some ex-WSL player has any clue what it’s like to play at a decent level

The game disappears further up its own anus with every passing year.

I don't know whether to give this post a warning or applaud.
I'd applaud if I understood it... and agreed.

Perhaps a warning would be harsh, as without a degree in applied mathematics I might be doing him a terrible injustice
I don't even think a permanent ban would be harsh. I've read it about three times, slower each time, and I haven't got a jar of glue about what it's mean to say.

I hate what football has become.

All that kind of crap in the post I’ve quoted
Little gimps on +250k a week
VAR
Incredible transfer fees
Weasel agents
Social media nonsense
The constant use of the word ‘project’
Pretending that some ex-WSL player has any clue what it’s like to play at a decent level

The game disappears further up its own anus with every passing year.
Whole heartedly agree.

Frank Lampard is thought to be among the contenders for the vacant Everton job…

What’s the word?​

According to the Mirror, the 42-year-old is being considered as one of the names on a long shortlist to replace Carlo Ancelotti at Goodison Park.

Earlier this week, Merseyside were stunned as the Italian forced a move to his former club, Real Madrid, leaving director of football Marcel Brands and majority shareholder Farhad Moshiri looking for a new manager.

Lampard has been available ever since he was sacked by Chelsea at the end of January this year and the Toffees could face competition to land him as he’s been linked to the vacancies at West Brom, Crystal Palace and Wolves.

Those Joey Barton rumours just won't go away..

Come on Brands! Bring a Blue home!
If he doesn't get jug next week he is definitely worth looking at.
His current form is spot on for Bristol Rovers losing the last 10 games and relegated to league 2.
If we were to take him on we would have to keep Duncan on as the pair of them together on the touchline would scare the crap out of our under performers.

there seems to be a lot of potter interest, understandably so if youre an XG advocate.

but the thing is potter has undershot his XG in his last 3 seasons now, so its pretty safe to say that the XG models miss something in his system:

20/21 understat xpos 5th, actual pos 16th, 20 points short of xpts
19/20 understat xpos 13th, actual pos 15th, 7 points short of xpts
18/19 infogol xpos 5th, actual pos 10th

and he isnt a one off example. it obviously misses something in simeones system too:

athleti last 5 seasons off understat:

xpos 5 actual pos 1 ( 20 pts over xpts )
xpos 3 actual pos 3
xpos 5 actual pos 2 ( 16 pts over xpts )
xpos 3 actual pos 2 ( 17pts over xpts )
xpos 3 actual pos 3 ( 9 pts over xpts )

and theres others too, dyche is another example

so would you say XG models, which are still relatively new, still have some flaws and dont catch everything quite right? or do you believe that some managers are just always lucky, and some are always unlucky?

as ( generally ) a sane. logical person, i find it really difficult to believe the latter.

and if XG didnt exist, would anyone be saying potter?
Excellent analysis

On Lampard, to be fair he was given a fair crack at Chelsea and didn't do too bad. Obviously they've gone up a level with the new man and that suits them. They gave him a go. So not to be ruled out. But I don't think he's for us. I'd give Big Dunc a try if we're going to lower the bar.

Status
Not open for further replies.