New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He said he hated it here and wanted to go back to Italy every chance he got when he was at Chelsea. Was always crying about the food being crap.

Lol really ? the chubster on ESPN was saying he loved London. Bit weird moaning about the food being crap when you're a millionaire and can get literally any type of food you want.

Should go all out for Potter, every time I watched Brighton last season they played decent football and deserved to win more. Just had a season of most fans saying it wasnt Carlo's fault as we had rubbish players and anyone with any clue about football could see that we have much better footballers than Brighton. He is young still and Everton would be the progressive move he needs right now. Please stop with any Moyes/Fergusson shouts....

Lol. K’off Everton
58998292-F727-4EB7-9AFB-F4B74813DE12.jpeg

Wolves fan here,

I understand why you are underwhelmed by Nuno as there's no denying the football last season was painful. We were, in my opinion, the pound for pound worst team to watch by some distance. There was a lack of attacking plans and the tactic seemed to be get it to Traore or Neto and hope for the best. It really was a miracle we got 45 points, we had luck at crucial moments in the season and I firmly believe we deserved to be in a relegation battle.

Prior to that though, it was brilliant and unprecedented success for us in modern times. Back-to-back top seven finishes doesn't really get the credit it deserves IMO and we were a pretty devastating counter-attacking team for that period. His departure from us, which 100% sounds like a sacking from our end, was probably the right decision. 'You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain' seems to apply to him at Wolves. Watching us had been a chore and Nuno got the send off he deserves, and a change could serve him well. So it was the right time.

The negatives of his appointment have been documented on here - the football was safety first, and it's worth pointing out that Porto fans told us the same, they'd laugh at him for 'defending a 0-0 draw'. So, it's his instinct.

However, he tried to be more progressive with us this season but we were let down this season because of a real lack of pace in defence and a lack of power in midfield. If Wolves fans were given two realistic-ish signings to have improved our team for Nuno's style, we would've said Godfrey and Doucoure. Looking at your squad, whether it's a back three or four, you seem well suited to Nuno's style, probably one winger/AM type short IMO. So, that's a good start.

I think he would do well with you, by that I mean pushing for Europa League along with many others. Also, it's kind of underappreciated in today's game but he's a very good defensive coach. In the first few seasons we were incredibly hard to beat.

The major concern would be how he'd do at Goodison. Our fans are a bit like yours in a sense but Nuno had credit in the bank from the Championship season, but our first half record was disgraceful. We'd figure teams out and then play. I don't have the stat to hand but the number of times we failed to score in the first half was a joke. He'd need to get the team playing with more intensity from the start to get you on board.

I'd be intrigued to see how he'd work with Brands though. As you know, Mendes is influential in our transfers but reports have since confirmed that our scouting team had grown frustrated that Nuno, who had the final say, always opted for Mendes players. He picked Podence over Dani Olmo ffs. They aren't just client/agent, Nuno was Mendes' first ever client and they have a very close relationship.

The last paragraph is interesting. I had always wondered how recruitment worked at Wolves. It seemed to work for a long time but in the last couple of years it had got pretty stale and last summer I thought Wolves business was abysmal.

Let's be honest with ourselves, we are a mess. Whoever comes in will need time again so I'd rather someone who we knew would be sticking around to build. The top top names may not be that. I still think Poch is our level, he's not won a jot but got spurs playing well. We should be trying to find the new Ancelotti/Mourinho.

I have said before though, it surely cannot get any worse than last season, only way has to be up from here. If we are worse than last season, we can probably get ready for a relegation scrap. I dunno, fed up lads n lasses I am.

There is a problem with recency bias in terms of judging NES as last season was the worst of his career by a decent distance, it'd be an underwhelming appointment but he's clearly a decent training-ground coach if that's what we're looking for.

Wolves fans hated him towards then end, particularly due to his really dull and negative football. Can't see that being a catch here either, but who knows.

Their main striker was out half the season and neto was injured for the final stretch of games. Their two major attacking outlets were nullified. This season could be considered a anomaly.
Except it isn't. They were only slightly down from the previous two years.

Should go all out for Potter, every time I watched Brighton last season they played decent football and deserved to win more. Just had a season of most fans saying it wasnt Carlo's fault as we had rubbish players and anyone with any clue about football could see that we have much better footballers than Brighton. He is young still and Everton would be the progressive move he needs right now. Please stop with any Moyes/Fergusson shouts....
Harry Potter?

Looks like it’s gonna be Nuno. According to my sources, he was set to join C.Palace but when the vacancy at Everton came available he said he couldn’t pass up this opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.