New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Again what's the parameter as to whether a player is a good transfer or not because apparently players which score 20+ goals don't count because they played for a big club. Players who go on to have several caps for their national sides don't count because people on here have never heard of them. Players who have gone on to play hundreds of times for low level Premier league sides don't count. So what does actually count?
You certainly don't

And this is....easy to do?

We went for a young manager that was touted to be a Poch in Silva, it didn't work out or at least given the stay of execution.

You've got Howe and Potter who no one really wants. The Galtier's don't want it. So if you're the chairman spending millions what do you do? Take a punt or look at something with a track record. That's what they're doing and I don't blame them for it.

At least Carlo was a winner and a name who could change the culture, get rid of the deadwood and replace them with talent.

Ideal world would be that idealistic young manager who we give 3 years to build something. But you and I know...that won't happen be it finding that person, giving them the investment, and keeping them in charge when it gets choppy.
Is anybody saying it's easy though? My job isn't easy, i'm sure yours isn't either. But you have to find solutions don't you? If you fail at a key aspect of your job you can't just say 'well it's quite hard you know', you have to work out a way to succeed. One of the main issues with this appointment is that it once again calls in to question the entire structure of the club; all the indications are that this isn't a Brands appointment, so what is his job? We seem to be making it our mission to make everybody's job as difficult as we possibly can, and to ensure that everybody is singing from different hymn sheets. This is something posts like yours just seem to ignore, it's not just the appointment of Benitez in itself that's an issue, it's everything it says about how the club is being run.

OK, you are gonna have to explain this one Dave!

Surely, if anything was the other way round?

Again not defending Kenwright but surely he secured purchase, investment, debt write off, new stadium, player acquisition by selling to Mosh, at this moment in time exactly what has Mosh gotten out if it to even suggest he mugged off Blue Bill?
...after having turned down investment for years.

Your final para is absolutely spot on.

I think Galtier would have been perfect but either Everton didn't go in strong enough or he wanted to stay in France.

I'm struggling to think who else fits the criterea.
Unai Emrey is the obvious one but hasn't been mentioned at all, we are the Villareal and Sevilla of England, will have learnt from his Arsenal experience

Alan Myers saying that as if he is some kind of Everton spokesman and they phoned him and informed him lol ,when the truth is that he is as less in the know about inside Everton info as the rest of us and gets most of his info of the interwebs.

Plucked it straight out of his jacksie. ;)
He tweeted to the world last night that Nuno was speaking to Spurs...about 4 days after we'd all heard it.

Reactions: Lob

Benitez is absolutely not going to build a talented young team with pace, balance, and aggression. The same old players who have let us down for years will be getting another chance and will be more than happy to hide behind a deeply unpopular and divisive manager. This is the worst possible appointment for getting a squad overhaul. The players are getting away with it yet again.

We're buggered either way unless a gamble is taken which Mosh isn't going to do...and deep down fans don't either.

Not a Rafael advocate. But he's got some balls to want this job and everything with it

Unai Emrey is the obvious one but hasn't been mentioned at all, we are the Villareal and Sevilla of England, will have learnt from his Arsenal experience
Both of them have won European finals in recent years and are regularly in European competition. Unfortunately we are nothing like them at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.