New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I am OK with that.

Either way he was not some previously unknown player that Benitez discovered or anything.

Again what's the parameter as to whether a player is a good transfer or not because apparently players which score 20+ goals don't count because they played for a big club. Players who go on to have several caps for their national sides don't count because people on here have never heard of them. Players who have gone on to play hundreds of times for low level Premier league sides don't count. So what does actually count?

Are you really for real. Peter Crouch and Momo Sissoko were very very good signings. Jonjo Shelvey was signed as a 16 year old and is an England International with hundreds of games played in the premier league.

How about use a bit of context with these signings. Murphy and Hanley were brought in for the championship only. A lot of these players were brought in to be backup players like Voronin and Cavalieri. A lot of these players were brought in as standout youngsters such as Paletta, Leto, Insua etc. You don't always strike gold with young players. For every Suso or sterling you're going to get 10 average young players. Players like Muto and Joselu were 5th choice players.
Wrong. Newcastle don't sign a 5th choice player for £9.5m (Muto). And joselu literally played 4 days after signing and 30 times I'm his first season. That is not 5th choice.

I won't go into the rest of your post as you talk garbage as if its fact.

Are you really for real. Peter Crouch and Momo Sissoko were very very good signings. Jonjo Shelvey was signed as a 16 year old and is an England International with hundreds of games played in the premier league.

How about use a bit of context with these signings. Murphy and Hanley were brought in for the championship only. A lot of these players were brought in to be backup players like Voronin and Cavalieri. A lot of these players were brought in as standout youngsters such as Paletta, Leto, Insua etc. You don't always strike gold with young players. For every Suso or sterling you're going to get 10 average young players. Players like Muto and Joselu were 5th choice players.

Also behave yourself calling Jonjoe Shelvey an England international (it so happens he managed to get his 5/6 caps after he left FSW's Liverpool). And playing in the Premier League is no barometer of a great player, you as an *cough* Everton fan should know this.

@Theoneandonly You are clearly a fan of Benitez (I myself am agnostic) but can I ask what sort of performance level are you imaging from him on a 1-3 year basis, and what sort of funding would need to be made available for him to achieve this?

If you can give me an idea in terms of PL points and trophies it would be great. We got 59 points last season, how many do you see him getting next season?

If he knows anything or not anymore who knows but...

If true, still again why the hold up - why is it taking so long to appoint a out of work manager its pathetic

it's not going to make the reaction any easier. They'd be better advised, if this is the decision they're making to just bite the bullet and announce it. Get the fume over with and get the focus back on improving the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.