New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Think thats a bit harsh. Was an underappreciated footballer Crouch. Probably exactly the type that the top clubs need to have in their squad, perhaps not starting regularly but apart from the obvious height advantage, he was good with his feet too.

I wouldn't put him as a bad signing for Benitez as he was a good player. The rest of that list though....

Yeah I am OK with that.

Either way he was not some previously unknown player that Benitez discovered or anything.

This is the only reason I can see for the delay. Surely Benitez would already have been appointed. Problem is, we're 18 months from a world cup, only manager likely to leave his post is Joachim Loew, and I'm not convinced he is the right fit either.
Or one that is sacked for being rubbish. Loew no chance we want him

What about Torres? Surely if Crouch is indiciative then Torres is too?

I think the over-arching point I was making mate was to dispute that 'Rafael has a good eye for talent' when you consider the sheer volume of duds he signed. Torres was a big talent before going to Liverpool, wasn't exactly plucking a player from the unknown. He's had more misses than hits.

He gets less slack because of his past.

It's probably unfair but it is what it is.
I agree, but I really would like us to have a period of 2/3 years of steady progress under the next manager. If it is Benitez I will, grudgingly, accept him if he can improve on last seasons position, and the following season (I know, I know) get us into Europe.
He must be absolutely desperate to get back into top flight football to take on what is, for him, a poisoned chalice, so he must feel he has the ability to succeed. I can only hope his optimism isn't misplaced.

Daryl Murphy
Grant Hanley
Jesus Games
Archraf Lazar
Jacob Murphy
Daryl Murphy
Joselu
Christian Atsu
Yoshi Muto
Antonio Barecca
Josemi
Anotnio Nunez
Barragan
Momo Sissoko
Peter Crouch
Mark Gonzalez
Gabriel Paletta
Jermaine Penant
Nabil El Zhar
Sebastian Leto
Andriy Voronin
Ryan Babel
Emiliano Insua
Andrea Dossenna
Diego Cavilieri
Albert Riera
Sotirios Kyrgiakos
Jonjoe Shelvey

Just to name a few of his inspired signings for Newcastle and Liverpool.

Are you really for real. Peter Crouch and Momo Sissoko were very very good signings. Jonjo Shelvey was signed as a 16 year old and is an England International with hundreds of games played in the premier league.

How about use a bit of context with these signings. Murphy and Hanley were brought in for the championship only. A lot of these players were brought in to be backup players like Voronin and Cavalieri. A lot of these players were brought in as standout youngsters such as Paletta, Leto, Insua etc. You don't always strike gold with young players. For every Suso or sterling you're going to get 10 average young players. Players like Muto and Joselu were 5th choice players.

Status
Not open for further replies.