New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He was a perfectly acceptable top flight player.

Not a player of Liverpools calibre really.

Think thats a bit harsh. Was an underappreciated footballer Crouch. Probably exactly the type that the top clubs need to have in their squad, perhaps not starting regularly but apart from the obvious height advantage, he was good with his feet too.

I wouldn't put him as a bad signing for Benitez as he was a good player. The rest of that list though....

If he comes in and does well everyone will be made up. The RS will be fuming that ‘one of theirs’ is doing it. If he comes in and does badly he will be sacked and everyone will be made up. The RS will again be fuming that we sacked the man who was one of their best managers and it will bury forever his ‘small club‘ remark. I’m struggling to see a downside here.....
He’s not going to do well.

There is more to football than annoying Liverpool.

Maybe the plan is only offer him a one year contract so that in that time he can do all the dirty work (sell Rodriguez, Godfrey, DCL and Pickford), be scapegoat and then be 'fired' by the board. Genius.

Until the appropriate country is knocked out of the Euros, EFC cannot make their approach publicly. They are content to allow the absurd Rafael smokescreen occupy everyone else. Source at EFC and the name of the manager has been kept secret.
One of the first posts I've ever seen you write that I actually appreciate and hope to god is true.

If he comes in and does well everyone will be made up. The RS will be fuming that ‘one of theirs’ is doing it. If he comes in and does badly he will be sacked and everyone will be made up. The RS will again be fuming that we sacked the man who was one of their best managers and it will bury forever his ‘small club‘ remark. I’m struggling to see a downside here.....
If we do badly the RS will love it, it'll be Agent Rafael everywhere. I can only assume you aren't surrounded by those braying idiots all the time, when he does badly it's going to be unbearable, they're going to be banging on about how we took one of their legendary managers after he was washed out and he is losing derbies to them on purpose and is secretly trying to relegate us. Plus, if we sack him we'll have to pay yet another terrible manager millions to not manage us. No downside [shakes head].

Until the appropriate country is knocked out of the Euros, EFC cannot make their approach publicly. They are content to allow the absurd Rafael smokescreen occupy everyone else. Source at EFC and the name of the manager has been kept secret.
This is the only reason I can see for the delay. Surely Benitez would already have been appointed. Problem is, we're 18 months from a world cup, only manager likely to leave his post is Joachim Loew, and I'm not convinced he is the right fit either.

Status
Not open for further replies.