New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
if this fiasco has taught us anything is that the likes of fabrizio romano etc arnt really ITK just some regurgitated info from terrible sources like duncan castles. still think were keeping our cards close to our chest for this one, could see a suprise IMO
Every time we change managers we end up with a fiasco apart from CA but that seemed to fall in place at the right time... We are going to end up with the most mediocre, under whelming and meh appointment in many a year...... And that is saying something.....

Is anybody saying it's easy though? My job isn't easy, i'm sure yours isn't either. But you have to find solutions don't you? If you fail at a key aspect of your job you can't just say 'well it's quite hard you know', you have to work out a way to succeed. One of the main issues with this appointment is that it once again calls in to question the entire structure of the club; all the indications are that this isn't a Brands appointment, so what is his job? We seem to be making it our mission to make everybody's job as difficult as we possibly can, and to ensure that everybody is singing from different hymn sheets. This is something posts like yours just seem to ignore, it's not just the appointment of Benitez in itself that's an issue, it's everything it says about how the club is being run.

Did you not read the response this was a reply to?

Never said anything about Rafael. The question was: "We need a young, vibrant attacking coach who can come in and change the atmosphere and the culture of the Club. Get the fans off their seats and excited again. The problem is that Moshiri just goes for names and simply doesn't have the knowledge or experience to identify an up and coming Coach."

I said how difficult that is. It's the ideal but that's not out there unless a gamble is made on a Potter or Howe or someone abroad that has done well with a minnow and we openly trust that manager.

But if you're the money man...you need to be persuaded.

Did you not read the response this was a reply to?

Never said anything about Rafael. The question was: "We need a young, vibrant attacking coach who can come in and change the atmosphere and the culture of the Club. Get the fans off their seats and excited again. The problem is that Moshiri just goes for names and simply doesn't have the knowledge or experience to identify an up and coming Coach."

I said how difficult that is. It's the ideal but that's not out there unless a gamble is made on a Potter or Howe or someone abroad that has done well with a minnow and we openly trust that manager.

But if you're the money man...you need to be persuaded.
The problem is we have tried that approach a couple of times (Martinez and Silva) and failed miserably. We don't have the players to be all out attack and overwhelm teams. Invariably we have been hit on the counter and lost.

What we need is a manager that is tactically aware and can change formations etc to suit the opposition. Now where that person is, don't ask me!

They are going to announce a bunch of new players along with Rafael so we'll all say nice one new players and won't complain about Rafael, not sure why they wore their current team kit to their Everton unveiling bit weird that but it's OK.
1624633878425.png

We're buggered either way unless a gamble is taken which Mosh isn't going to do...and deep down fans don't either.

Not a Rafael advocate. But he's got some balls to want this job and everything with it

The board don't want to win enough, it's that simple.

They are great talkers but the proof is in the pudding and all they are interested in is spinning failure as success.

The problem is we have tried that approach a couple of times (Martinez and Silva) and failed miserably. We don't have the players to be all out attack and overwhelm teams. Invariably we have been hit on the counter and lost.

What we need is a manager that is tactically aware and can change formations etc to suit the opposition. Now where that person is, don't ask me!

Exactly. And with the squad we have...

One of the main issues with this appointment is that it once again calls in to question the entire structure of the club; all the indications are that this isn't a Brands appointment, so what is his job? We seem to be making it our mission to make everybody's job as difficult as we possibly can, and to ensure that everybody is singing from different hymn sheets. This is something posts like yours just seem to ignore, it's not just the appointment of Benitez in itself that's an issue, it's everything it says about how the club is being run.
Exactly this ^ I thought the same when Ancelotti's departure apparently came as a bolt from the blue. In any large business organisation, it would be unimaginable for the head honcho to suddenly announce, "by the way I'm off tomorrow, see ya" and nobody to have half a clue that all wasn't well in the camp. Succession plans would be in place, in case of such an eventuality and periodically updated if such an event was deemed likely. Half arsed would be a vast improvement......

Status
Not open for further replies.