New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s our list at present?

Our last manage got poached by Real Madrid, one of our recent former managers is the manager of the number 1 ranked fifa international team and the other is manager of Barcelona.

That, to me, suggests that 1) we’re a club with some serious internal issues and 2) we’re not a small club.

it suggests to me that some Spanish clubs are demented.

The season before he had a very decent season in which he also managed to integrate many of their young players into the squad. He finished in champion league spot and F A cup finalists, being knocked out of Champion League by eventual winner Bayern Munich. Personally I would say he overachieved with the squad of players he had at the time. The following year Chelsea brought in 7/8 top quality players, most of them new to the Premier league, and he admittedly struggled to integrate these into the team. But by the time he was sacked he had already qualified for the knockout stage of the champions league as group winners, and was within 4 points of the champions league places in the Premier, so hardly a massive hurdle for Tuchel to overcome.

The vast majority of Chelsea fans were still supportive of Lampard and most were upset when he was sacked. Yes he's young and inexperienced, but he achieved more at Chelsea in 18 months than any manager has achieved here in the last 30 years. Plus he likes to play football the right way.

Yes he would be a risk, but any manager we appoint would be a risk too. Most managers people are after in here have neither managed or played in the Premier League before, but here's somebody who knows the league inside out and is a promising young manager to boot. Can't help but think there's a lot of football snobbery going on in here. :)
I was suggesting Lampard weeks ago......I think he did a good job at Chelsea, including a period of a transfer embargo. Likes to give youth a chance and is well respected in the game to be able attract a good standard of player to the club....all this is my opinion only....but if it was a straight choicve between him and Benitez or Howe or Nuno...it would be Lampard every time

Simon Jordon's record of hiring managers isn't the best gauge to work off didn't he Hire Dowie?
Every club is a stepping stone. It's simply about where you are in the food chain when your manager is attractive enough to be considered by other fish.

Whoaa I'm not saying that Lampard is my no1 choice , just that he is preferable to Benitez ( as it just about anyone ).

However I don't think that Lampard is a coach without merit particularly if we are going down the route of the DoF doing all the recruitment with the emphasis on young players.

Lampard did a decent ( not exceptional ) job at Derby getting them to the play offs.

He got the job at Chelsea because he was a legend there. In his first season he did very well. Unable to buy players he was forced to use the youth and got Chelsea back into CL and a cup final.

The next summer Chelsea bought far too many players ( reminds me of Walsh and Koeman ) . Whether that was at the behest of Lampard or as I suspect over his head we don't know.

It's fair to say that he struggled to integrate them all and when a far more experienced coach came in he organised them and got more out of them - hardly a big suprise.

Does that end his coaching career ? Not for me
Is he qualified to be manager at Everton ? Probably not unless we really are going down the route of a young coach working hand in hand with the DoF.
Lampard would use Everton as a stepping stone.
Get back into management, less pressure than at Chelsea, learn from his mistakes and if good enough and when ready head off back to London.

He has not done enough to convince me that we should take a chance with him..... and that is what we would be doing.

Ignore his football career, he just hasn't done enough as manager and we are too big a club to be a training ground for young managers... those days at least are gone.

I was suggesting Lampard weeks ago......I think he did a good job at Chelsea, including a period of a transfer embargo. Likes to give youth a chance and is well respected in the game to be able attract a good standard of player to the club....all this is my opinion only....but if it was a straight choicve between him and Benitez or Howe or Nuno...it would be Lampard every time
That's not a great list of 4 but if that was the choice I'd go:
1/ Nuno
2/ Howe
3/ Lampard
4/ Benitez

Lampard had a squad capable of winning the champions League and had them playing like a bottom half side in the last couple of months.

Why do so many get upset over the old Small Club comment?

We’re basically a small club now in every respect other than the purse strings. Haven’t achieved anything of note in some time…we’ve had guys like Martina and Niasse pull on the jumper in recent memory…

Whoever comes in has a big job, that’s for sure.
Ultimately, that is largely where we are at, or at least would be if not for the ambition shown by Moshiri.

Status
Not open for further replies.