New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The season before he had a very decent season in which he also managed to integrate many of their young players into the squad. He finished in champion league spot and F A cup finalists, being knocked out of Champion League by eventual winner Bayern Munich. Personally I would say he overachieved with the squad of players he had at the time. The following year Chelsea brought in 7/8 top quality players, most of them new to the Premier league, and he admittedly struggled to integrate these into the team. But by the time he was sacked he had already qualified for the knockout stage of the champions league as group winners, and was within 4 points of the champions league places in the Premier, so hardly a massive hurdle for Tuchel to overcome.

The vast majority of Chelsea fans were still supportive of Lampard and most were upset when he was sacked. Yes he's young and inexperienced, but he achieved more at Chelsea in 18 months than any manager has achieved here in the last 30 years. Plus he likes to play football the right way.

Yes he would be a risk, but any manager we appoint would be a risk too. Most managers people are after in here have neither managed or played in the Premier League before, but here's somebody who knows the league inside out and is a promising young manager to boot. Can't help but think there's a lot of football snobbery going on in here. :)

Him and Gerrard seem like two of the more likely management candidates from that generation - I can't help think that Lampard is much more suited to Chelsea than us.

Even with the transfer embargo - Chelsea have had better squads and stronger youth than us for over a decade now.

There are plenty of reasons not to get Benitez but this is wrong I would say. It's the opposite of what i think. Don't know where that stepping stone is coming from.

If you ignore everything the RS connection,his lack of success in recent years, the most worrying thing is his tendency to fall out with clubs over not being 'backed'.

The season before he had a very decent season in which he also managed to integrate many of their young players into the squad. He finished in champion league spot and F A cup finalists, being knocked out of Champion League by eventual winner Bayern Munich. Personally I would say he overachieved with the squad of players he had at the time. The following year Chelsea brought in 7/8 top quality players, most of them new to the Premier league, and he admittedly struggled to integrate these into the team. But by the time he was sacked he had already qualified for the knockout stage of the champions league as group winners, and was within 4 points of the champions league places in the Premier, so hardly a massive hurdle for Tuchel to overcome.

The vast majority of Chelsea fans were still supportive of Lampard and most were upset when he was sacked. Yes he's young and inexperienced, but he achieved more at Chelsea in 18 months than any manager has achieved here in the last 30 years. Plus he likes to play football the right way.

Yes he would be a risk, but any manager we appoint would be a risk too. Most managers people are after in here have neither managed or played in the Premier League before, but here's somebody who knows the league inside out and is a promising young manager to boot. Can't help but think there's a lot of football snobbery going on in here. :)

Irrelevant of all that, Franks missus, Christine the horse, has said that they / he won’t be living outside of London, for family reasons.

Next.

What’s our list at present?

Our last manage got poached by Real Madrid, one of our recent former managers is the manager of the number 1 ranked fifa international team and the other is manager of Barcelona.

That, to me, suggests that 1) we’re a club with some serious internal issues and 2) we’re not a small club.
And our success rate with any of them, we poached one from a club below us, one was out of work the other had just taken a team down, Management is a merry go round and not something to get excited about they all eventually get sacked but all seem to get other jobs its like a large gentlemen's club

He wasn't managing Newcastle at the time, he was managing Real Madrid.
We put 4 past Pep's City, City put 6 past Ferguson's Utd, Utd put 8 past Wenger's Arsenal. Do all these results make them terrible managers?
You seem to have a real issue around this one game. Did you lose a lot of money on it or something?

What’s our list at present?

Our last manage got poached by Real Madrid, one of our recent former managers is the manager of the number 1 ranked fifa international team and the other is manager of Barcelona.

That, to me, suggests that 1) we’re a club with some serious internal issues and 2) we’re not a small club.

Swansea have won more than us in the last 25 years
We haven't finished higher than 7th for the last 8 years
One top 4 finish since 1987-88 (32 years)
We ahve been majorly reliant on the Premier League money during most of the Premier League era because we cannot produce money the likes of United, Liverpool, Arsenal & Chelsea can produce in terms of shirts, sponsorships, gate receipts etc!

We are basically a Northern West Ham!
The sooner we all deal with the facts that even 'historically' we aren't that big licks, we can lose the arrogance we have seemed to gained and get back to working to be good again, instead of expecting it
Instead of having illusions of grandeur and trying to play with the big boys, when they could all just gobble us up

that's a spirited defense but I think we should be looking for the next Tuchel and, for me, that's not Lampard.
I also don't want a manager who is so deeply tied to a premier league opponent.
I want someone who becomes an Everton icon.

Status
Not open for further replies.