New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to wonder what on Earth is going on if they’ve had 5 rounds of talks with Benitez and are still talking to other potentials lol

You have to wonder what on earth is going on if they have had 5 rounds of talks with an out of contract manager and not appointed him.

I mean surely, if you talk to a manager who is out of work, who has basically bent over dropped his knickers, 5 times and still not appointed him there is a problem.

Genuinely if that's happened then the board are absolutely 100% mental. If they have spoken to him 5 times they are surely fine with the fact that its going to be a more hated appointment then Fat Sam.

Just want them to put us out our misery, am finding myself board with it now, there is no excitement you normally get with a new manger - the hope of something "different" and a chance to push on... all I am thinking is its going to be toxic and looking forward to saying the same things in 18 months.

I would take Lampard before Benitez all day long.

If Benitez gets the nod, I fear the toxic atmosphere at Goodison will have major effects on the team, some of the dire football from last season will be repeated. With a half descent coach appointed we could make a great start, looking at the early fixtures, we have a good chance to build confidence back in a struggling team and get in the top 6. With Benitez and a toxic 12th man I fear the bottom 6 is much more likely.

Tony
And these players will have a great excuse for when they under perform as all the vitriol will be aimed at the manager

I've already explained this. He wanted to set up defensively, but was told he had to go all out attack against Barcelona as they wanted to put on a show. He advised against it. That's what happened. He was told that certain players had to play because of their transfer fees, despite not fitting in tactically to what Rafael wanted to do.

Why not mention 5-0 vs Betis, 6-0 vs Espanyol, 10-2 vs Ray Vallecano, 4-0 vs Shakhtar, 8-0 vs Malmo

Imagine being a manager that has to hire someone to go onto fan forums to try and convince people to like him.

With some of the inside knowledge they have, I wonder if its even someone who has been paid and its not the man himself.

I mean, he did have in-depth knowledge of a blog post from 2013 he has used to back up his case.... who is that mental they would use that near word for word.

You have to wonder what on earth is going on if they have had 5 rounds of talks with an out of contract manager and not appointed him.

I mean surely, if you talk to a manager who is out of work, who has basically bent over dropped his knickers, 5 times and still not appointed him there is a problem.

Genuinely if that's happened then the board are absolutely 100% mental. If they have spoken to him 5 times they are surely fine with the fact that its going to be a more hated appointment then Fat Sam.

Just want them to put us out our misery, am finding myself board with it now, there is no excitement you normally get with a new manger - the hope of something "different" and a chance to push on... all I am thinking is its going to be toxic and looking forward to saying the same things in 18 months.
At this stage, whoever is appointed I’m going to struggle to get excited. Unless we announce Mancini with a £300 million war chest or something lol

At this stage, whoever is appointed I’m going to struggle to get excited. Unless we announce Mancini with a £300 million war chest or something lol

Yeah all the excitement has been sucked out of it, I am just bored of the club doing the same thing and expecting a different result. I would 100% prefer the risk of someone who is a little more unknown or no prem experience. All managers are a risk, at least add some of the mystery and unknown around it.

So basically he's perfect and has never done anything wrong ever! :zzz:

I never said that. I'm simply saying there are 2 sides to every story.

Going to Inter was a huge mistake. They had just won the treble with a team that was on their last legs that performed out of their skin for Mourinho. Its a bit like Utd under SAF, Moyes shouldn't have gone, but you can understand why he did. It would have been bad for anyone who went to Inter. The proof of that is no one has been able to win anything with them until this season. Then again there were no other options.

Chelsea was and wasn't a mistake. I think he had a point to prove there and I think he made it and rectified his time at Inter. Even still he had offers from Atletico, Aston Villa and Schalke.

Going to Madrid was a mistake too as he was on a hiding for nothing. As are most managers. He should have gone to West Ham instead. You can understand why he went to Madrid though.

He should have probably left Newcastle earlier than he did too. No one could have blamed him for walking out after they got relegated, but he obviously wanted to rectify that. He should have joined Southampton when offered the chance.

prayer-hands.jpg
prayer-hands.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.