New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What? He definitely was on the poll at one point. Then people said to update the poll and he was removed. Swear down

He's not been on the poll at the top of this thread which has had 1,256 votes.

In fact, people asked me in this thread to run a poll on Twitter asking the question.

As asked - I've popped a poll on Twitter;

As for "he's been conveniently removed" - why would we remove him?

If @Groucho updated it a while back, it wasn't just to remove Benitez - it would have been a refresh of the poll in full to represent current reports at the time.

I've posted in this thread myself, THREE Benitez polls I've ran on Twitter...

Of course it's real, and legit. The numbers are consistent with every poll we run, it hasn't been hijacked.

It was within a thread asking about a number of potential Everton managers on 2nd June - when Moyes was a concern. You can click through and see all the polls here;

This was from 10th June, when 53% said swerve;

This from 2019, too;

When we put a 'middle of the road' option, that did take a big chunk from the previous 'Yes'

Benitez was only 2nd to Rangnick from all the options we've posed in a lot of polls since Ancelotti left.

Over 90% voted for Benitez over Moyes on here in 2019.

After Ancelotti left, Benitez was one of the more popular choices. We asked about a handful of managers and on 2nd June, most were in favour;

After we were confident it wouldn't be Moyes, it seemed momentum swung away - but still, on 10th June only 53% was against the idea;

I've been reluctant to keep resetting the poll votes, mainly because I want to poke fun at people who voted for awful choices like Eddie Howe.

At Inter he asked for certain players and was turned down. They had an old squad full of prima Donna's which needed a reboot. If I remember correctly they were 6th when he was sacked with 1 or 2 games in hand. Interestingly enough until this season, they hadn't won anything. Which actually proved Rafael right.

He didn't play crap football at Madrid
That's honestly bullshit. I've already explained that politics got in the way and he was told who he should and shouldn't play.

He didn't get Newcastle relegated, we've been over this, he actually had them 9th in the form table for the amount of games he had to save them. If he had a full season they wouldn't have gone down. I've already said that Villa spent 20 mil more than Newcastle did in the championship. Newcastle also had to sell the vast majority of their best players.

In China he wasn't expected to win anything, he was expected to survive and keep his team in the premier league which he did. His job was lay the foundations for the future. Even now he is a club ambassador and is overseeing their progress for a self sustainable model to coach the next generation of players in China. Rafael sent over 20 coaches there to bring through the youth.
Did he fall out with the owners at each of these clubs (apart from Dilian)? The answer is yes, and what is the common denominator?

Go check the league at the point Benitez took over at Newcastle, they were 1 point off Sunderland with a game in hand, they got relegated from that position.

At Inter he asked for certain players and was turned down. They had an old squad full of prima Donna's which needed a reboot. If I remember correctly they were 6th when he was sacked with 1 or 2 games in hand. Interestingly enough until this season, they hadn't won anything. Which actually proved Rafael right.

At Chelsea, he remains on good terms with Roman and FYI Roman did actually want to give him a 2 year extension, but didn't due to fan pressure. So went back to old fan favourite Mourinho.

He didn't play crap football at Madrid
That's honestly bullshit. I've already explained that politics got in the way and he was told who he should and shouldn't play.

He didn't get Newcastle relegated, we've been over this, he actually had them 9th in the form table for the amount of games he had to save them. If he had a full season they wouldn't have gone down. I've already said that Villa spent 20 mil more than Newcastle did in the championship. Newcastle also had to sell the vast majority of their best players.

In China he wasn't expected to win anything, he was expected to survive and keep his team in the premier league which he did. His job was lay the foundations for the future. Even now he is a club ambassador and is overseeing their progress for a self sustainable model to coach the next generation of players in China. Rafael sent over 20 coaches there to bring through the youth.
You know an awful lot about the ins and outs of the benitez life story. Almost like you're his agent or someone acting on his behalf.

What you said about that comment is spot on, who cares what he said then, he wasnt our manager but a rival, its school yard sticks and stones, meaningless.
Besides how much is verbally thrown at the club and members of the board by actual Everton fans? Since when did we become offended by everything ashamed by nothing

Doesn't bother me in the slightest personally.

However we could also employ a manager who has not said bad things about us (no matter how major or minor) too.

An
I dont have 5. of the people available it's a desert that's the point, that's why Madrid went back for Carlo and Barca are stuck with asshead. Pocchettino is v good, but he's never coming here in a million years ditto any other top manager.
What u think about Galtier?

He didn’t play crap football at Madrid?

I've already explained this. He wanted to set up defensively, but was told he had to go all out attack against Barcelona as they wanted to put on a show. He advised against it. That's what happened. He was told that certain players had to play because of their transfer fees, despite not fitting in tactically to what Rafael wanted to do.

Why not mention 5-0 vs Betis, 6-0 vs Espanyol, 10-2 vs Ray Vallecano, 4-0 vs Shakhtar, 8-0 vs Malmo

In fact, people asked me in this thread to run a poll on Twitter asking the question.

If @Groucho updated it a while back, it wasn't just to remove Benitez - it would have been a refresh of the poll in full to represent current reports at the time.

I've been reluctant to keep resetting the poll votes, mainly because I want to poke fun at people who voted for awful choices like Eddie Howe.
He was defo on a poll somewhere on this site mate, I know as I voted for the fat tit.

I swear down he was 100% on this list.. not sure how many votes but it was a fair amount I voted for him as a joke because I thought no chance before changing it to Nuno .

Making me feel crazy lad haha. I remember seeing a post asking for him to be removed and then he was. Going to try find it just so I know I'm not crazy

I was joking about 'conveniently removed', he was removed when it didn't seem like he had a sniff

I've already explained this. He wanted to set up defensively, but was told he had to go all out attack against Barcelona as they wanted to put on a show. He advised against it. That's what happened. He was told that certain players had to play because of their transfer fees, despite not fitting in tactically to what Rafael wanted to do.

Why not mention 5-0 vs Betis, 6-0 vs Espanyol, 10-2 vs Ray Vallecano, 4-0 vs Shakhtar, 8-0 vs Malmo
Some boss teams there.

So you're trying to say he was the manager but had little say over tactics and selection?

Why did he not show some self respect and resign in that case?

Very interesting. I find it staggering that only 53% were opposed to Benitez as manager.

Perhaps myself and the vast , vast majority ( it would appear from postings ) on here are out of touch with the common view.

Status
Not open for further replies.