New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No. But if you take those people to your breast you better know they come with vipers.

The issue you have, and I count myself very much as part of this- is that as fans we have a clear vision of what we want the club to be. We want to buy younger and develop players and to make the balance sheets look good.

Clearly Usmanov/Moshiri don't care about financial health of the club at this point, or about having a hipster process. They want an experienced manager in who can quickly move Everton's fortunes forward.

There is a lot of chat that Moshiri was unhappy with Ancelotti at the end of last season and even considering options. I would imagine Benitez will have a minimum requirements of European qualification and in all honesty they will want top 4.

I'd say forget the ideas of penny pinching, if he's appointed we will be likely adding 4 or 5 players again.

It won't sit right with people, but that's where we are currently.

I don't get how we're this far down the line with this and we're still doing the 'well the worst part about him is he managed the Crimson but some of us can look past that'

That's a horrible note that will come back to bite us but he is a DINOSAUR. He is outdated. He plays negative football. That's much worse.

His motivation for this job is we're local to him and his family. If Moshiri and the board go through with this, it'll leave a sour taste for as long as he runs this club. Fat Sam may have been an absolute necessity as a stop-gap, there's no excuse for this one.

Nuno was hours away from being announced. Then Rafael was hours away, then Rafael definitely wasn’t getting the job according to some, then Rafael definitely getting the job according to others. Point of this is, not one single person on here or in the media know.

Almost certain he’ll not be appointed due to the fans reaction.

Agree with the first bit and let’s face it our attitude under moyes going away to any of the Sky 4 was one of a small team - the game in question we had one shot on target.

I don’t buy into this narrative that he’s a busted flush - what was anyone’s expectations at an Ashley led Newcastle? You can’t achieve anything under him and the geordies seemed genuinely gutted when he went. China - what was the standard of player he had vis a vis the rest of the league - I’ve no idea. Most non Everton/Chelsea fans rate him and I’m sure there was a new manager poll a couple of years ago on here that topped.

If moshiri thinks he’s the best candidate he should go get him, drawing this out gives the fans some inflated expectation of their own influence.

I’d have a preferred a potter type manager myself but if we don’t sort out the right hand side adding some pace and ability to run with the ball allied to a left footed left sided centre half with pace enabling us to play 5/10 yards further up the pitch it won’t matter who the manager is.
When was the last time Benitez did something more impressive than Martinez as a manager?
He's an actively bad manager who is hated by our fans on top of that.
I also don't believe for a second that he's being considered.

He didn't bomb badly. That's false narrative.

Unbeaten in their champions league group. Most goals scored in Europe. Chances are that they would have won the champions league with Rafael in charge.

They were 3rd in the league, 4 points behind when he was sacked. Its said that the reason he was sacked was political reasons, rather than results.

For instance when they lost 4-0 to Barcelona, he was told to play an attacking side, when he wanted to play more defensive. He was told which players needed to play. If he was left to his own devices, results would have been different. But at Madrid, its all about appeasing sponsors.

Christ almighty he did bomb. It was the definition of bomb. He went to one of the top 2 teams in Europe, and you are saying because they had avoided defeat in the group stages it was a success. They have won about 5 CL's since then. That is the expectation for Madrid.

Being 3rd, in a 2 horse race is also very poor for Madrid, as is being humiliated by your local rivals.

He bombed at Madrid. If you want to defend him, the argument isn't that he didn't bomb, but that the pressures of Madrid are completely different to here and that he seems to suit working at clubs of around our size (Valencia, Liverpool, Napoli and to a degree Newcastle).

I support fans right to protest but don't necessarily agree with what was written on the banner.

If Benitez is to be appointed that 1st press conference is going to be critical. He's going to be asked about those comments. If he answers it badly people will turn. If he answers it well, and gets some sort of dig in about Liverpool FC people will be far more open to him. There are a lot of easy wins for Benitez and if he's smart he will engage in some.

Your right there’s a few easy wins for him he must activate in first press conference. The senior club in the city, people’s club etc. If he bumbles through it then he’s missed an open goal at the first hurdle.

I don't get how we're this far down the line with this and we're still doing the 'well the worst part about him is he managed the Crimson but some of us can look past that'

That's a horrible note that will come back to bite us but he is a DINOSAUR. He is outdated. He plays negative football. That's much worse.

This. The fact that they’ll all sing his name when they lamp us 3-0 is just a cherry on the turd cake.

The issue you have, and I count myself very much as part of this- is that as fans we have a clear vision of what we want the club to be. We want to buy younger and develop players and to make the balance sheets look good.

Clearly Usmanov/Moshiri don't care about financial health of the club at this point, or about having a hipster process. They want an experienced manager in who can quickly move Everton's fortunes forward.

There is a lot of chat that Moshiri was unhappy with Ancelotti at the end of last season and even considering options. I would imagine Benitez will have a minimum requirements of European qualification and in all honesty they will want top 4.

I'd say forget the ideas of penny pinching, if he's appointed we will be likely adding 4 or 5 players again.

It won't sit right with people, but that's where we are currently.
I agree. It’s clear from the Ancelotti appointment and now this one that Moshiri is reverting back to his original plan of getting a big name manager and pushing for success in the short term. Whether Benitez is the right man for that I’m not so sure but here we are.

He went to Real Madrid as long term manager (not to steady the ship as some have tried to suggest).

He bombed so badly they got rid quickly enough to turn their season around and win the Champions League whilst he relegated Newcastle.
He took the most successful Italian team of all time and the fans booing within a month.
He was utterly despised at Inter.

Status
Not open for further replies.