New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
For those boasting they'll burn season tickets and walk away from Everton, and those who support the banner hangers: did you ever think that might be counter productive with Moshiri / Usmanov?

If you try and push around people of that nature they'll dig in even more. They would look very weak to walk away from this now as they've clearly invested personal capital in Benitez's appointment and it'd look like they've lost control of their asset at a time when investment is crucial with the stadium on the horizon.

It's not a Mike Ashley brining Alan Shearer bonkers move either or bringing some
I'm not championing it either mate, and am very much in the "no" camp. However I try to be balanced with it.

What do we think one of Russia's wealthiest met, and 1 3rd of USM (3 men, 2 of which have at least Abramovich levels of wealth if not substantially more) are likely to be asking him? "It will be a really convenient commute for you Rafael"?

And knowing what we know of Benitez, and how at pretty much every club he has been at he has fallen out about lack of funds, what do we think he is going toi be asking Usmanov? "Can you ask the Everton fan's not to put any banners up"?

All I can say is join the dots. You might not like the pattern, or agree with how it's constructed, but it's not hard to join the dots.

Exactly.

I've never been a fan of them.

The divvies who hounded out a decent man and very good coach like Martinez should have been condemned and weren't.

I dont like Benitez and I dont want him here. But to believe puny pressure from social media does anything is folly.

Thousands marched against Kenwright - boots on the ground past Goodison. It only bore fruit a couple for years later when he was persuaded to sell up. The unrelenting pressure Kenwright faced dwarfs what Benitez is getting or is likely to get if he is chosen.

I support fans right to protest but don't necessarily agree with what was written on the banner.

If Benitez is to be appointed that 1st press conference is going to be critical. He's going to be asked about those comments. If he answers it badly people will turn. If he answers it well, and gets some sort of dig in about Liverpool FC people will be far more open to him. There are a lot of easy wins for Benitez and if he's smart he will engage in some.

I honestly don’t care about the “small team / club” comment, it was years ago and not something I give a toss about any more. It was said out of frustration after we’d held them to a point at their place, so he obviously had a titty lip on.

Facts are, his last 2 jobs were completely underwhelming. Yes of course there will be reasons on both sides of the fence for that, but I just cannot fathom any real positives for Everton trying to revive his career for him and giving him this chance.

He is also very uncharismatic and dour. We need somebody with energy and positivity who is willing to get tough to implement his style on this football club. That is not Rafael, one last big pay cheque Benitez.
Agree with the first bit and let’s face it our attitude under moyes going away to any of the Sky 4 was one of a small team - the game in question we had one shot on target.

I don’t buy into this narrative that he’s a busted flush - what was anyone’s expectations at an Ashley led Newcastle? You can’t achieve anything under him and the geordies seemed genuinely gutted when he went. China - what was the standard of player he had vis a vis the rest of the league - I’ve no idea. Most non Everton/Chelsea fans rate him and I’m sure there was a new manager poll a couple of years ago on here that topped.

If moshiri thinks he’s the best candidate he should go get him, drawing this out gives the fans some inflated expectation of their own influence.

I’d have a preferred a potter type manager myself but if we don’t sort out the right hand side adding some pace and ability to run with the ball allied to a left footed left sided centre half with pace enabling us to play 5/10 yards further up the pitch it won’t matter who the manager is.

And that will be constantly raised with him at press conferences etc. It’s an unnecessary distraction caused by this appointment if it goes through.
Doesn't the phrase "the people's club" in a similar way humiliate fans of an Anfield persuasion

He went to Real Madrid as long term manager (not to steady the ship as some have tried to suggest).

He bombed so badly they got rid quickly enough to turn their season around and win the Champions League whilst he relegated Newcastle.

He didn't bomb badly. That's false narrative.

Unbeaten in their champions league group. Most goals scored in Europe. Chances are that they would have won the champions league with Rafael in charge.

They were 3rd in the league, 4 points behind when he was sacked. Its said that the reason he was sacked was political reasons, rather than results.

For instance when they lost 4-0 to Barcelona, he was told to play an attacking side, when he wanted to play more defensive. He was told which players needed to play. If he was left to his own devices, results would have been different. But at Madrid, its all about appeasing sponsors.

People will wear it if it happens. Ask Spurs supporters what happened when Graham was appointed their manager.
Many will, of course. And many won't. I know people who stopped going to the game because they didn't like the football under Moyes, I know people who stopped because Kenwright was on the board, I know one who stopped when we sold Lukaku because he said it was proof enough that we had no intention of competing. Everyone has a limit to how much they're willing to take, this will be the limit for plenty.

Status
Not open for further replies.