New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand football fandom is about passion first and foremost, but there has to be an understanding that it's also a business and results are based on competence.

If it were purely on passion, whoever was the most passionate Everton fan would be the best candidate for the manager job. Obviously it doesn't work that way.

As you say, objectively Benitez has plenty of upsides. People saying he doesn't are being disingenuous.

There's literally only one objective reason he shouldn't get the job - he went to manage in China. There's nothing else.
There’s certainly a lot more to it than that. There’s a concern that he isn’t the ‘type’ of manager we need, in that he’s not really got any recent record of improving players etc. There’s the style of play, which isn’t really the type of football Everton fans enjoy (see the mounting criticism of the incredibly popular ancelotti), there’s the concern that he isn’t brands’ choice and therefore will clash with him and cause us more problems, there’s the fact that his stock has plummeted over the last 10 years or so and there’s a school of thought that his type (along with mourinho etc) has been left behind.

You’re right that it’s disingenuous to pretend there’s nothing good about Benitez, but it’s incredibly disingenuous to pretend there’s only one valid reason to be unhappy.

Really who cares if another team might sing a song about our manager. On the other side of the coin he might do well and actually get a result against them. Do you think they will bother to sing a song then?
This clubs got bigger things to be concerned about other than opposing fans possibly singing a few songs.

On the banners.
A fully grown adult man more than likely created those banners and decided to put them up. That says it all about our fan base and the lack of intelligence within it with people thinking they are “great”.
Evertonians sneering at fellow Evertonians and at the moment it’s just a rumour.
What a divisive , foolish and ill conceived notion this is already proving to be.

Objectively he’s an experienced manager with a good cv, albeit one who has not done an awful lot of note in recent years. If he didn’t have the RS links most wouldn’t bat an eyelid. Certainly my Spurs supporting mates have told me they would take him no problem.
They are welcome to him

We beat them last season and didn’t need a red to do it…. Rafael’s not my ideal choice, but at the same time I don’t want to see banners with personal abuse directed towards someone attached to the gates of ground.

We are also in a mess because too many of our fans appear to have an inferiority complex when it comes to LFC.

We are in a mess because we make stupid decisions. For example trying to appoint a manager that the majority do not want.

Were they not anti Martinez protests?
so when you said 'I dont remember those' - which protests were you referring to, because I was referring to anti - martinez ones - and I do believe it was fan influence that got rid of him - my instinct tells me he would have got the following season at least if fans hadnt turned on him.

This is a ridiculous take.

Doing what is best for the fanbase IS what is best for the club.

Seriously what are you thinking?

The owner can do what he likes, he has put the money in to the club, so he can chose who he wants. If the Fans are so bothered then they should buy the club and put there money where there mouth is.

I dont see Duncan as the man to lift us up in the league. I like dung but he aint the next big manager
Neither do I but if you're looking for a gaurenteed long term manager he's the man assuming he does well. Everyone else is likely to be a 2 year appointment at best and I'm OK with that as long as success comes with it but so far anyone we've appointed has failed

Status
Not open for further replies.