New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course it's real, and legit. The numbers are consistent with every poll we run, it hasn't been hijacked.

It was within a thread asking about a number of potential Everton managers on 2nd June - when Moyes was a concern. You can click through and see all the polls here;

This was from 10th, when 53% said swerve;

This from 2019, too;

The invisible thing here is how far away from the 50-50 line most fans are. A binary poll can't quantify where the average sentiment lies.

It's not even that he's incredibly polarising - because no one is effusively enthusiastic about the thought of his appointment.

Most people who vote thumbs up will be just-about thumbs up. Whereas most people that vote thumbs-down will be massively thumbs-down.

Of course it's real, and legit. The numbers are consistent with every poll we run, it hasn't been hijacked.

It was within a thread asking about a number of potential Everton managers on 2nd June - when Moyes was a concern. You can click through and see all the polls here;

This was from 10th June, when 53% said swerve;

This from 2019, too;

I get that but you can't control who on Twitter votes on the polls. Not only Everton fans will see that poll.

I suppose anyone can share a poll and vote on twitter. Pinch of salt for me.

Well, yeah.

Anyone can hang bed sheets up too.

97% of our followers also follow Everton and other Everton accounts.

Fair assumption if you're following GrandOldTeam, you're most likely an Evertonian.

The polls were also in replies so not really 'discoverable', and there was 0 kopites in the replies or retweeting/liking them.

I don’t think Martinez was taking us down - the fans just revolted. it was widely reported that Moshiri / Brands wanted to keep on Silva but the fans forced their hand there as well.
Allsrxyce had the worst reception of the lot from the fans yet still got us in a decent league position - so we can say the fans forced that as well.

Koeman probably the only one where he would have been sacked regardless.
For his second and third season with the club, RM’s record in the Premier League was a disgraceful rate of 29.x% so he was on course to take the club down. Silva in a similar fashion if he continued. Sam was called out because majority of the fans disliked his style, he had done his job though.

For his second and third season with the club, RM’s record in the Premier League was a disgraceful rate of 29.x% so he was on course to take the club down. Silva in a similar fashion if he continued. Sam was called out because majority of the fans disliked his style, he had done his job though.
You cannot deny that Moshiri was willing to persist with Silva - the fans were not.

Wasn't that Carlo? So we all thought anyway. Not that simple in modern football mate. We've been looking for the right man since 2015/16. The only way I see us getting a long term manager like Moyes is by getting Dunc in and Dunc subsequently doing well of which there's no gaurentee
I dont see Duncan as the man to lift us up in the league. I like dung but he aint the next big manager

The invisible thing here is how far away from the 50-50 line most fans are. A binary poll can't quantify where the average sentiment lies.

It's not even that he's incredibly polarising - because no one is effusively enthusiastic about the thought of his appointment.

Most people who vote thumbs up will be just-about thumbs up. Whereas most people that vote thumbs-down will be massively thumbs-down.

But repeatedly polls, with samples of thousands from 2019 and 2021 can demonstrate it's not universal against.

Other examples;

The vast majority of Everton fans are pragmatic and want stability and a proven manager. I doubt they're as partisan as we are on here.

Proven? It's not 2011 Dave.

All he's proven in the last decade is that he follows the money and his football is massively outdated, and no big club will go near him

The vast majority of Everton fans are pragmatic and want stability and a proven manager. I doubt they're as partisan as we are on here.
In what way are we partisan ? I just want what's best for the club by winning trophies , a very good community outreach and watching some great football .
I think nearly all of us here think that Rafael wouldn't bring any of these . He's despised , his football is 'orrible and he hasn't won jack in years .
I like the idea of being partisan but I can't claim to be ..

Status
Not open for further replies.