New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would those of us who are old enough have taken the likes of Shanks or Bob Paisley ?...I certainly would. Rafael still lives in Merseyside, knows it’s people and it’s foibles, it would be just as difficult for him to join us and it would for fans to accept him. Personally I would take Rafael before Moyes. I want my club to win trophies again......

Yeah, and if it was a world class manager at the top of their game then maybe that would be an argument, but this is very much not that. Christ even Rodgers would be better, at least he's performed well semi-recently, and not been a failure both at Newcastle and again in a retirement gig in China in his last two jobs.

Would those of us who are old enough have taken the likes of Shanks or Bob Paisley ?...I certainly would. Rafael still lives in Merseyside, knows it’s people and it’s foibles, it would be just as difficult for him to join us and it would for fans to accept him. Personally I would take Rafael before Moyes. I want my club to win trophies again......

To be honest, I'd rather we gave Paisley the Pope Formosus treatment and have him in the dugout next season than Rafael

He already did. He "mis-spoke" and meant a small team mentality on the day of the derby at home and playing negatively.

That's what he claims.

We mullered them to that day, carved them up and spat them out, he was Greta Thunberg furious probably my favorite Everton Match of the last 20 years.

What many are forgetting is the years before he left were finishing ahead of them pretty regularly and they had wonga - Rafael "Beneath us".

The CL Hail Mary papered over a lot of cracks of his reign.

I'm fairly sure your as big a clown as any of them
I don't have endless hissy fits about the manager and demand they get sacked after every single bad run of form so I doubt that I'm on their level but ok.

You know, if you wanted to just end the conversation there's easier ways to do that then to be an arse about it.

The media last week were in overdrive claiming Nuno Santo was as good as done, even foreign media were linking it as part of the reporting about the deal for that Nunes lad we’re signing.

Last night it was in overdrive claiming Benitez is as good as done, if it’s not signed sealed delivered by the weekend then it’s not happening and it’ll be someone else as good as done next week

Unfortunately the burst Spanish knacker doesn't make any sense business-wise either.
He's finished, washed up and on the retirement circuit.
He's got nothing to offer us other than mid table obscurity and the chance to pay him off in 6 months to a years time.

Its a terrible decision on all fronts.
If he does get the job, “burst spanish knacker” will be the only term i used to refer to him :)

I don't have endless hissy fits about the manager and demand they get sacked after every single bad run of form so I doubt that I'm on their level but ok.

You know, if you wanted to just end the conversation there's easier ways to do that then to be an arse about it.
So it's OK for you to call fans clowns.
But not for you to be referred to one.
Okay mate

We've just had a bloke milk £11m out of the club and then leave us in the lurch

Yet we hold more of a grudge about a bloke that made a little jibe about us 15 years ago

Perspective

In the past 12 years, the longest Carlo has remained at a club has been 2 years. After being 18 months into his contract here and considering some of the performances towards the end of the season, the fact the board had NO contingency plans in place is an utter travesty.

We're run like a circus and are Moshiri's little rich man toy where he controls all the cards.

Probably not Shankly, after all he belittled Everton on a regular basis, albeit with humour. Paisley was a great manager and seemed a genuinely nice man so I wouldn't have had any issues with him. Benitez isn't as likeable as either of them and it does seem his best days are behind him - do you think any of the current big six would have him? I know we are nowhere near that standard at the moment, but neither do I see him as the man to get us there.

None hopefully, assuming they have some semblance of sense. The fact you seem to think that bringing in an 80 year old to do the type of job they haven’t had to perform for 30+ years would be a good idea doesn’t really help your attempt to be the voice of reason here to be honest.
I'm not saying I would, I'm countering the argument that it's not just about him being at Liverpool and saying what he said.

I have seen shouts about Joachim Low though, who hasn't managed club football since 2004.

As I've said, every single appointment will have their detractors. It is what it is.

If it was Gerrard, or Dalglish, or someone of that ilk, then it would never be an option, but for me, he doesn't fall in to that same category. The fact he would even interview for the position makes that very clear.

So it's OK for you to call fans clowns.
But not for you to be referred to one.
Okay mate
I didn't call you a clown or anyone else unless I've had names slug at me first because that would unnecessary. But fair enough. Feel free to call me whatever you want mate. It just kinda makes it pointless to have any conversation.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.