New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
And are still comfortable in the Prem. Isn't that the general idea when you get promoted? Or is it to get promoted then get into Europe...oh wait!

Oh wait...

They spent £330m+

It's not rare for teams to get promoted, spend buttons and survive a season or two on momentum.

Wolves had the money but evidently, with 45 points and the worst football in the league - the wheels come off.

"But, but, but - Nuno finished 7th?! He got them into Europe"

Who cares?

So did Koeman at Southampton finish 7th and qualify for Europe with us. That worked out well.

Appears the latest news is his signing is being held up by negotiations on the maximum length of beard he's allowed. Whether it's measured weekly or monthly and if it's done by the club barber or an independent contractor.

Reading that Athletic article, he comes across as being a disciplinarian and in some ways we need that, the players need more discipline tactically.

Not saying I'm excited for the appointment but the past few managers have failed to get a tune out of some player's (midfielders mostly)...

Lets see, can only give him a chance. If he can bring in a Neves to help out with our midfield issues it would be a good start.

Oh wait...

They spent £330m+

It's not rare for teams to get promoted, spend buttons and survive a season or two on momentum.

Wolves had the money but evidently, with 45 points and the worst football in the league - the wheels come off.

Who cares?

So did Koeman at Southampton finish 7th and qualify for Europe with us. That worked out well.
and who do you want for context because the selection of managers available to us is hardly glistening.

Oh wait...

They spent £330m+

Who cares?

Given we have averaged 10th over the last SEVEN seasons, I'd quite happily take 7th and European qualification as things stand. In fact Ancelotti described us having been in with a chance of finishing 7th on the final day this year as a success (rubbish, but his words not mine).

Don't see anyone saying Wolves this season were a success but surely you have to lay *some* of the blame at the feet of their recruitment team on that one?

Oh wait...

They spent £330m+

Who cares?

So how many teams have been promoted and had European football so quickly? Unless we've missed something over the past weeks it's all about money. Would City or Chelsea be where they are without big spending
Late edit. And Wolves net spend was?

At what point do the club have the same attitude towards the Director of Football? Answers on a post card...

It's rare I'm so miserable from the off - I can usually blag myself to be optimistic but there's sometimes like Tosun, Bolasie, Iwobi that I just can't and I say they're terrible decisions.

I feel the same with Nuno Santo.

Prove me wrong, Brands.
I’m no Brands fan by any stretch but I truly don’t believe he’s being allowed to do his job properly and this new board promotion on top of the other one is to keep him sweet.

I feel exactly the same as you, for the first time in absolutely ages I think we’re heading down the table not up and I think the damage will last more than just a season or two. This appointment is very wrong as most people think it is and I hope it falls through

Given we have averaged 10th over the last SEVEN seasons, I'd quite happily take 7th and European qualification as things stand. In fact Ancelotti described us having been in with a chance of finishing 7th on the final day this year as a success (rubbish, but his words not mine).

Don't see anyone saying Wolves this season were a success but surely you have to lay *some* of the blame at the feet of their recruitment team on that one?

Those two contradict each other mate?

It's a free hit for any manager begging for a lucrative job. The bar set by Ancelotti was 10th.

If Nuno joins and finishes 9th nobody can slate him as he'd have bettered the Messiahs effort.

This is why we need someone who actually likes and wants to manage Everton, not just another sacked mid tabler who is after a high paid job. Take your time board, no need for knee jerk appointments when the season has only just finished.

So how many teams have been promoted and had European football so quickly? Unless we've missed something over the past weeks it's all about money. Would City or Chelsea be where they are without big spending

You're spot on there mate.

& 45 points and turgid football.

I’m no Brands fan by any stretch but I truly don’t believe he’s being allowed to do his job properly and this new board promotion on top of the other one is to keep him sweet.

I feel exactly the same as you, for the first time in absolutely ages I think we’re heading down the table not up and I think the damage will last more than just a season or two. This appointment is very wrong as most people think it is and I hope it falls through

Not sure mate - I think saying Brands is passive and happy to take the money/join the board and offer lip service would be as big a criticism as you could put on him.

January 2019 - when he was promoted to the board;

“Our approach now is to have a Director of Football with a broader remit, responsible for the whole footballing strategy at the Club, rather than just player recruitment,” she said.

"Marcel is now responsible, and accountable, for delivering the long-term, holistic, football strategy and principles, from Academy through to the first team.
“Marcel has now begun his work on delivering the cub’s long-term, permanent football strategy, working closely with the Academy Director (Joel Waldron) and Head of Football Strategy (Richard Battle).”

Pretty clear to me, that.

Status
Not open for further replies.