New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
All of this while becoming bound to Mendes and the players he doesn't want going to Wolves.

Acknowledged this previously - I'm not sure how much role he had to say in players. I've speculated whether he's a yes man, a 'head coach' - that could appeal to how Brands wants the club. We don't know - but what we do know is what Wolves have spent to sit on 45 points with some of the worst football in the league last season under Nuno Santo.

There's a reason Nuno Santo had a 5% vote on this forum initially - despite him being a free agent. There's a reason why, even when it's a cert - the majority of fans are saying in polls that he'd be a bad appointment.

How low expectations are could be a great benefit to him, but he won't get the patience from a lot of fans - myself included.

I don't think you can put back to back seventh place finishes in the same category as Sheff Utd finishing 9th once and then getting relegated with 23 pts.

Wolves were also 6th (ahead of us) last season when Jimenez got that horrendous injury (after they'd just sold Jota)

Yeah, considering the money spent - Sheff Utd's performance was better.

There's loads of examples of a team from the Championship doing well for a spell - Fulham, Swansea etc.

The difference with Wolves is they were spending a fortune.

I really don’t understand the level of hate for a manager that brought a club up from the championship and got them a top 7 finish in 2 of their last 3 seasons, something we would have loved and aimed for this season. A manager that is highly rated by Wolves fans. His record before Wolves is impressive too. Last season he was poor, it was poor for Ancelotti too but he’s now gone to Real Madrid

some comments purely based on his appearance just shows why we are mediocre and a toxic fan base. Bring back Martinez because he wore nice shoes. Ancelotti got us all excited but was ultimately a failure. Conte won’t look at us and who can blame him. Now it looks like we are getting a manager in that has been pretty successful in his last few roles but because we didn’t get a French manager that half us hadn’t heard of until 2 weeks ago it isn’t good enough and he’s written off already. Just as well we have fans outside of this forum.

Let’s just all boo him at Goodison and start this merry go round all over again in 12 months.
It makes you wonder why Wolves sacked him and I know some have said mutual agreement but why let him go after basically half a bad year with several key injuries in a 4 season run

I get Nuno isn't everyone's first choice, but to complain about the football his teams have played is a bit much given the dross that we sat through from Christmas this season. It was every bit as bad as Allardyce and yet for some reason a lot of people (maybe myself included if I think about it) had faith it would get better, just because it was Carlo Ancelotti.

I don't claim to be an expert on him, but from reading up on him his approach appears to have been different at each club he has managed. Is it really a foregone conclusion he will park the bus and play the same way our 3 times Champions League-winning superstar manager did for the last 6 months?

I, like many others, would love a manager to come in who loves to press high, play high tempo etc. But surely the squad would need a massive overhaul and that doesn't happen overnight, we know that. Can you imagine some of our lot now trying to play that way now?
Nuno, like many, is not my first choice but have we gone for a manager with a not to dissimilar style to how Carlo had set us up, in the hope that he can get us Europe whilst we gradually turn over the squad over a couple of years?
I don't know. Just trying to make sense of this appointment like everyone else.

There's loads of examples of a team from the Championship doing well for a spell - Fulham, Swansea etc.

So have we. He's done better with money than any of our managers in the last 5 years. I don't see having spent a fortune as a negative here

Acknowledged this previously - I'm not sure how much role he had to say in players. I've speculated whether he's a yes man, a 'head coach' - that could appeal to how Brands wants the club. We don't know - but what we do know is what Wolves have spent to sit on 45 points with some of the worst football in the league last season under Nuno Santo.

There's a reason Nuno Santo had a 5% vote on this forum initially - despite him being a free agent. There's a reason why, even when it's a cert - the majority of fans are saying in polls that he'd be a bad appointment.

How low expectations are could be a great benefit to him, but he won't get the patience from a lot of fans - myself included.

I think your last line says it all really. Even having blown a very promising season and ending 10th, people were reticent to have a go at Carlo because of his reputation.....

Of the managers available with PL experience I think he is the best choice with the exception of Conte. We could have gone for Garcia or Galtier but it’s a huge gamble to appoint someone on the basis of what they have achieved in other leagues as Spurs may well find with Fonseca.

And are still comfortable in the Prem. Isn't that the general idea when you get promoted? Or is it to get promoted then get into Europe...oh wait!

He ranks as one of the most ill fitting manager appointment of all time. At a time when the fans need a positive, high tempo manager who will get in the face of the opposition and galvanize the club, we are getting a dull, uninspiring defensive coach who basically give up and sulkedlast season. Brands is a total joke
This thread has reached a new level of hyperbolic, irrational piss boiling. Turning into RAWK.

I think your last line says it all really. Even having blown a very promising season and ending 10th, people were reticent to have a go at Carlo because of his reputation.....

10th is 10th.

But the points total, and us maintaining a relevance until the final day too.

10th, but even so - we finished 14 points above Wolves in 14th.

Add those 14 points above us and we're 3rd.

Status
Not open for further replies.