New Everton Crest Confirmed

Will the new badge make you buy more of the Everton merchandise?

• Yes, I will buy more merchandise with this cool new badge.

Votes: 18 3.7%
  • No, I won't change how much I buy of the Everton merchandise because of the badge.

Votes: 67 13.6%
  • No, I will buy much less from the Everton store with this godawful load of ****e for a crest.

Votes: 368 74.8%
  • no tears, only cheese toasties now

Votes: 39 7.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are they introducing a modern, flashy badge? I thought this club had been defined by hard work and industriousness throughout it's twenty year history, or is that only the case when justifying a small-time approach to appointing a new manager?
apparently it is similar to the badge of the 30s.

I'm seeing more and more comments that the badge is "growing" on people or "it's not as bad as I thought".
This is exactly what I thought would happen, sadly, that the revolt would die down eventually. We accept far too much from our club :mad:

Something has to be done about this.

Look at the designs by a member on here, absolutely fantastic and every Evertonian would be proud as hell to wear that on their shirt. I'm sure he'd hand them over to the club plus copyright for free, but would they be interested? Would they heck - it's all about the money for them nowadays. Kenwright probably doesn't have a say in things any more, he's just the public "lovable" Evertonian face of the board of directors.

It's all over the news, 15k fans have signed a petition, a massive PR fail for Everton FC once again. Looks like they've lied to shareholders (surprise!) about fans being consulted on the badge change, and everybody is calling for them to scrap it.

What are they going to do?

head_in_sand.jpg

I'm seeing more and more comments that the badge is "growing" on people or "it's not as bad as I thought".
This is exactly what I thought would happen, sadly, that the revolt would die down eventually. We accept far too much from our club :mad:

a bit like when you walk into a room smelling of horse ****, after 10 minutes the smell isn't as bad. It's not because the problem has reduced or gone away, it's just because you adjust your senses and got used to it.

People, DO NOT get used to that sh1tty f*ckin badge. It stinks of horse sh1t

in my opinion ...they have expected this reaction , judging by the film on OS and the fact that merchandise is on sale immediately.
Also the badge in media for the tournament...they wont be changing it.
They will be relying on everyone getting bored and complaints dying down.

To be be perfectly honest I don't think it's entirely fair to say my opinion is "beside the point". Essentially you are saying that if you don't hate the new badge while also believing that it is the soul of the club and the source of our identity then you're opinion doesn't matter.

I honestly don't feel any detachment from Everton FC as the result of the change in badge. Yes, it might make it less likely for me to buy merchandise with the badge on it... which is very poor from a commercial point of view for the club (much like poor kits). I'm not taking it as a personal insult however or a lack of respect! The way some people are reacting you'd think the board were sitting around concocting new ways to mess with the fans.... they're not forum trolls.

All that aside do you honestly think that the badge that is being replaced reflected "the tradition, pride and passion of the club"? Personally I thought it was a huge step down from other more historic badges and I don't think I was/am alone in that!

My main point is the following
I have absolutely zero problem with someone disliking the badge, not wanting to buy merchandise with it on it or even being unhappy with the club over this as a poor commercial decision. While at the same time, I feel that the scale of the over-reaction is absolutely insane and is something that is worthy of RAWK.

-I also want to say I don't mean to offend anyone whatsoever. I'm just giving my two cents and I know it's not the popular opinion on here. I'm just a bit peeved that I have to listen to trash talk from united and pool supporters over this as it has been made into national news. Newspaper with the story open was waiting on my desk this morning etc.

Good post mate, I agree with all of that.

The GOT badge is better...

...was just looking back at the previous thread on the new crests. Amazing that Everton have come up with that ****e when we have had fans who have created these beauties:

BLRUshgCcAAfFA0.jpg:large

BLRU34mCEAAsCq1.jpg:large

BLRVdVKCYAAczVN.png:large

Everton wanted to "modernise" our crest - but what they don't realise is that we are a traditional club with alot of history - we had no need to modernise our crest whatsoever. I fear that the change in crest was purely down to money - it certainly wasn't about the fans

That bottom design looks far more modern than the one they've gone with. Minimal. Sleek. Has everything.

And has the creative team at toffee towers realised how effin easy that new badge will be to counterfeit? The knock off kits and merchandise will look as good as the official stuff.

:lol: someone's made a @YES2NewEFCbadge twitter profile stating they're speaking for "real Evertonians" gotta be a troll or a Kopite!

None of these fan mock ups will be accepted by the club as they must have EVERTON somewhere on the crest for the brand identity.

Got to think of the market outside of the UK where the traditional crest means nothing.

Like it or not, that is the driving force behind the board's decision.

None of these fan mock ups will be accepted by the club as they must have EVERTON somewhere on the crest for the brand identity.

Got to think of the market outside of the UK where the traditional crest means nothing.

Like it or not, that is the driving force behind the board's decision.

Really, Inter, etc all don't. Then ones they're trying to emulate.

And having it inside the crest makes it look too big.

Status
Not open for further replies.