New Everton Crest Confirmed

Will the new badge make you buy more of the Everton merchandise?

• Yes, I will buy more merchandise with this cool new badge.

Votes: 18 3.7%
  • No, I won't change how much I buy of the Everton merchandise because of the badge.

Votes: 67 13.6%
  • No, I will buy much less from the Everton store with this godawful load of ****e for a crest.

Votes: 368 74.8%
  • no tears, only cheese toasties now

Votes: 39 7.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon they will end up losing more money if they crack on with this now, than if they showed some balls, cut their losses and done the rightful thing and ditched that awful looking thing NOW.

To be honest, I don't really like how it's round, so I don't think I'd prefer that too much. Personally, it reminds me more of like a cricket club or something (I don't know why) - I just think they could have done so much better with this new badge and it annoys me, it's too fat and the colours don't work and it looks like a cartoon, less colours would have been better.

Last edited:
The more I think of it now that new badge has just come from a pure corporate brand development angle.

Look at the list below. 'Everton' stands out.

I'm not supporting this change. I loved the old badge and saw no reason to change it. I don't hate the new design but equally I don't have any strong feelings for it.

I'm just saying look at the list below helps me to understand why they've done it.

http://internationalchampionscup.com/
d094289f5158aa80e3d1c3025dfa764b.png

The GOT badge is better...

...was just looking back at the previous thread on the new crests. Amazing that Everton have come up with that ****e when we have had fans who have created these beauties:

BLRUshgCcAAfFA0.jpg:large

BLRU34mCEAAsCq1.jpg:large

BLRVdVKCYAAczVN.png:large

Everton wanted to "modernise" our crest - but what they don't realise is that we are a traditional club with alot of history - we had no need to modernise our crest whatsoever. I fear that the change in crest was purely down to money - it certainly wasn't about the fans

Top and bottom designs are great. Make the new official one look like a logo you'd find on something in a 99p shop.

I said that because you said this:

Therefore, you're telling people who dislike the badge that they're being embarrassing. But to be completely honest that's not an issue because that opinion is very much the minority.

It's embarrassing to you that people dislike the new badge so much, but it's pretty much only you and 0.6% of everyone else. So your opinion that Evertonians are embarrassing here pretty much doesn't matter.

The bold bit - doesn't that say it all about how badly done this has been? What I can't fathom is that you're blaming the fans for people taking the piss out of you for something so blatantly Mickey Mouse that we were wide open for ridicule, rather than the people at the club who actually did it!

I chose those words in response to criticism I received from another poster. The went down the route of saying essentially saying they couldn't fathom someone having my opinion. Having been around internet forums for over a decade I always find that people move to flowery language when they want to seem more intelligent than the other person. I was only having a quip at that ('tis why I put it in quotes)

And no, that's not what I'm saying at all. I'm not telling people they're being embarrassing by disliking something... dislike away. I'm embarrassed that a story that I feel should've been minor has become national news. It's not meant to be a personal insult to anyone!

Note - I'm not blaming the fans and absolving the board. I'm not defending the new badge. I'm not saying people should like it. I'm saying that (while I'm sure it matters to people) it shouldn't matter as much as it now looks in the media.

Note - Out of curiosity, where'd the 0.6% come from? Historically, there have been plenty of opinions that were in the vast majority that over time were seen to be true ;)

Anyway I don't want to argue with other Evertonians, if anything that I said was misunderstood and caused personal insult to Evertonians I do apologise that it came across that way - it was never my intention. I love using this particular forum and am delighted with the recent (fully deserved) award... so i'm just going to walk over there and shut up now.

As shocking as this sounds, it is beginning to grow on me. Still believe there was absolutely no need to "modernize" it, but in all honestly, it won't make me not want to buy a shirt and support the club next season again.

I like those badges above. One thing it shows me is just how good the GOT badge is, as they share plenty of similar traits. Perhaps you could point them in the direction of your designer, Mr GOT?! ;)

The more I think of it now that new badge has just come from a pure corporate brand development angle.

Look at the list below. 'Everton' stands out.

I'm not supporting this change. I loved the old badge and saw no reason to change it. I don't hate the new design but equally I don't have any strong feelings for it.

I'm just saying look at the list below helps me to understand why they've done it.

Looking at it amongst the others, to me the badge is ok bar the tower. It needs to be redone and modernised. If they re-do the tower the new badge can work.

15000 signed up to the no to the badge petition and it appears the BBC have lumped on top of the national and local media.

meanwhile over at everton...everyone is in lock down.

Why are they introducing a modern, flashy badge? I thought this club had been defined by hard work and industriousness throughout its twenty year history, or is that only the case when justifying a small-time approach to appointing a new manager?

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.