New board member

Status
Not open for further replies.
She obviously has impressed the regime with her skill set, good news if we are moving talented deck chairs around good to see the club arent throwing the baby out with the bath water.

She will be there on merit and she is a Blue so well done Doc

I have no idea, I cant possibly comment on something I know nothing about.

They obviously see something in her abilities though.
That's the point I am making though mate the fact I don't see anything she brings to the table that we couldn't get elsewhere and the last type of appointment like this was Robert elstone and that was a universal failure

That said If moshiri and co have faith in her and think she can offer something great we will see how she does but I'd feel uncomfortable about her ruining her reputation by failing to adapt to a completely different type of job which will be a lot more high pressured

And I'd personally rather get the best people out there to do the job not just give someone a job because they've done well with something associated with us

She still has my support either way like

That's the point I am making though mate the fact I don't see anything she brings to the table that we couldn't get elsewhere and the last type of appointment like this was Robert elstone and that was a universal failure

That said If moshiri and co have faith in her and think she can offer something great we will see how she does but I'd feel uncomfortable about her ruining her reputation by failing to adapt to a completely different type of job which will be a lot more high pressured

And I'd personally rather get the best people out there to do the job not just give someone a job because they've done well with something associated with us

She still has my support either way like

Certainly a bit odd.

To be fair it could just be my ignorance I'll have to look into her further because I could be being way unfair and incorrect and probably am being

To be fair it could just be my ignorance I'll have to look into her further because I could be being way unfair and incorrect and probably am being

To be fair i dont think it will make a difference. Unless any of us have had first hand experience of her skills then it will all just be guesswork.

Dr. Denise Barrett-Baxendale
Dr. Denise Barrett-Baxendale is the Chief Executive Officer of Everton in the Community, the Club’s official charity, and the Deputy Chief Executive of Everton Football Club

efc__1352294684_denise-458x330.jpg

Dr. Denise Barrett-Baxendale is the Chief Executive Officer of Everton in the Community, the Club’s official charity, and the Deputy Chief Executive of Everton Football Club. Her dual role sees her directing the non-football operations side of the Club and its direct charitable engagement with the local community.

Denise accepted the role of Chief Executive of Everton in the Community in January 2010, bringing with her a wealth of experience from across all stages in the education sector. Since her appointment the charity has received a plethora of local, national and international award wins in recognition of the life-changing work the charity undertakes on a daily basis.

In the last year alone the Club’s official charity has also been successful in gaining new and significant funding to help the most hard-to-reach groups of people in Liverpool realise their potential and take advantage of the life-changing opportunities the charity has to offer. Dr. Barrett-Baxendale developed the concept behind the first Premier League Alternative Provision Free School in the Country, an initiative that the Club, the Department for Education and the Premier League are extremely proud of.

Dr. Barrett-Baxendale was appointed Deputy Chief Executive of Everton Football Club in 2013.

Previously Denise has held various positions in education since graduating from Manchester, working at UMIST, Manchester Business School, Staffordshire University and The University of Chester.

Denise has through her career held a number of other significant roles such as Strategic Director for Liverpool City Learning Centres in the South, Foundation Governor at St. Julie’s Catholic High School, Chair of Governors at Shorefields Technology College, Chair of the Education Community and Leisure Partnership Board at Liverpool John Moores University and is now Chair of Governors at Everton Free School and Trustee of the Leadership Through Sport charitable organisation.
I'd smash her doors in . :dance:

Status
Not open for further replies.