Neville Southall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was never world class while he was here though.
There's many, myself included, who argue that he played his best football his early career at Everton. Don't forget either that he was one of the players of the tournament at the 2004 European Nations Cup tournament when he was still on our books (though, as it turned out, not for much longer).

There's many, myself included, who argue that he played his best football his early career at Everton. Don't forget either that he was one of the players of the tournament at the 2004 European Nations Cup tournament when he was still on our books (though, as it turned out, not for much longer).

I agree, he still wasn't world class at 16-18 though

Stood behind him in the Glady St. Big fella. Seemed to take up a third of the goal. Agree! Was good early at Everton.

Who's watching Wales v Germany on the BBC website? Nev plays a blinder, worth watching the 2nd half if you can.
I remember a good few years ago I could get BBC Wales/S4C on the telly in my bedroom,so Iwatched the Nethelands V Wales,it finished 7-1 ,without Southall it could have easily been 27-1,it sounds daft conceding that many but he was magnificent

Very true macca,he is a loose cannon, they prefer safe like Sharpie,Snods and Stuart unfortunately, the fella is an out and out winner, any statue that is built next at Goodison should be Nev,it won't be though and that is to our clubs shame,I agree with your "last world class player" comment mate, however Kanchelskis must have been mighty close:)
Kanchelskis mate. What a player.

Status
Not open for further replies.