Neville Southall

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has high standards but little tact. Mind you. it would have been interesting seeing him run the team with his no-nonsense 'say it as it is' attitude.

my opinion of neil warnock improved when i started seeing them videos of him in the changing rooms .. can see why hes a good lower league manager but just doesn't have enough juice to stay in the premium for extended periods

my opinion of neil warnock improved when i started seeing them videos of him in the changing rooms .. can see why hes a good lower league manager but just doesn't have enough juice to stay in the premium for extended periods
Neil is one of the most disliked people in football, by other people in football, maybe because he is too straight, but I’ve heard a few things about him to understand why it is easy to dislike him.

Neville will be a legend of this club for eternity but he would be a disaster as manager at football league level.

He has many similarities to Roy Keane. Obsessive, demanding, quirky, gave nothing other than 100% at all times and expected the same of others.
Perfect as a player and a joy in the dressing room for any manager.

But they are both dismissive of authority, seem to lack understanding of different mentalities/personalities. You need a mature intelligence to excel at managerial
level in the leagues.

Do people on here believe Neville Southall should be 'honoured' by Everton? If so, what would be the best way to go? A stand named after him at the new stadium? A statue? A plaque? An Amazon Gift Card?

THE best player from the 80's, we had, no question
Some top players never make the grade in coaching or management, Bally &Bobby Charlton are in that category......Big Nev - He was a world class Keeper out a bit of out spoken guy, but it was not that bad. but it's ashame the club never used him - a player he was a loaner in respect he never went to winning celebration cup final dinners etc -
I met him once for an autograph - He seemed a top guy to me........

He managed Dover for a season as well because I remember him in the dug out against Welling (my non league team). Maybe early 2000's.

Do people on here believe Neville Southall should be 'honoured' by Everton? If so, what would be the best way to go? A stand named after him at the new stadium? A statue? A plaque? An Amazon Gift Card?
I honestly don't think the big man cares about platitudes. He obviously deserves them but I can't see the club doing anything for all the reasons stated in this thread and I don't think Nev could care less.

I honestly don't think the big man cares about platitudes. He obviously deserves them but I can't see the club doing anything for all the reasons stated in this thread and I don't think Nev could care less.

True, but I was just wondering what people thought would be a fitting tribute if the club were ever to go down that road.

Status
Not open for further replies.