2023/24 Neal Maupay

he had probably his best game ive seen him play but he is terrible as a lone front man. If he was 3rd or 4th choice striker playing with another striker his deficiencies wouldn't show as bad. I am sick of seeing him play and be completely ineffective.

he had probably his best game ive seen him play but he is terrible as a lone front man. If he was 3rd or 4th choice striker playing with another striker his deficiencies wouldn't show as bad. I am sick of seeing him play and be completely ineffective.
This is it. Probably played his best game for us today, he has decent movement but no pace, no real presence, can’t finish at all, loses the ball too often, can’t play by himself in a one…which bodes the question how the hell did we end up signing him.

Barn door Barlow has been mentioned a few times

Silo Maupay it is then
Port_Giles_silos.jpg

Two sitters - then his 35 yard lay off that led to their goal ..... utter crap .....
He should have scored which is what I said but his overall performance was good apart from that but of course as a striker people will judge you on missing chances.

Was baying for him to net today, the sad thing is he did a lot right other, the only thing he did wrong was not take his chances but alas that's what he's there to do

It's genuinely like watching somebody plucked from the crowd and being told to lead the line.

I'm not buying any of this "he played well but.." or "at least his movement was good" whatsoever. That's what you say when you know he's pathetic but aren't brave enough to say it as it is.

He's a striker who proved last season that he's leagues away from being Premier League quality. 1 goal in 27 appearances. He doesn't even threaten to score, even when 1:1 with the goalkeeper on multiple occasions, from just a few yards out.

He's absolutely garbage and whoever signed off on his signing does not deserve to be at the club still picking up a wage.

The manager, in picking him to play, is costing the team every single time he is selected as it must destroy the confidence of the other 10 players before it's even kicked off - never mind the 39,000 in attendance.

We will be relegated if this guy starts 15+ games this season.

All I can say is I'm extremely, extremely glad that I do not contribute a single penny towards his salary. I don't think I would be able to sleep at night in the knowledge that my meagre wage goes towards him living a life of luxury while he ruins the weekend for thousands of fans.

He single-handedly makes me want to give up on Everton as there is no joy at all in getting excited for a game and tuning in when in all likelihood, regardless of the opponent, we're going to lose if he's on the field.

Not his fault of course, the blame has to be with the board, Thelwell and ultimately Dyche for selecting him, but that's my thoughts about the player.

Absolutely f'in dog chit.

Surely absolutely nobody is in any doubt that this guy cannot score goals now? He should have scored at least one and could easily have had a hat trick and yet, did anyone have any confidence at all that he would miss them all?

It's genuinely like watching somebody plucked from the crowd and being told to lead the line.

I'm not buying any of this "he played well but.." or "at least his movement was good" whatsoever. That's what you say when you know he's pathetic but aren't brave enough to say it as it is.

He's a striker who proved last season that he's leagues away from being Premier League quality. 1 goal in 27 appearances. He doesn't even threaten to score, even when 1:1 with the goalkeeper on multiple occasions, from just a few yards out.

He's absolutely garbage and whoever signed off on his signing does not deserve to be at the club still picking up a wage.

The manager, in picking him to play, is costing the team every single time he is selected as it must destroy the confidence of the other 10 players before it's even kicked off - never mind the 39,000 in attendance.

We will be relegated if this guy starts 15+ games this season.

All I can say is I'm extremely, extremely glad that I do not contribute a single penny towards his salary. I don't think I would be able to sleep at night in the knowledge that my meagre wage goes towards him living a life of luxury while he ruins the weekend for thousands of fans.

He single-handedly makes me want to give up on Everton as there is no joy at all in getting excited for a game and tuning in when in all likelihood, regardless of the opponent, we're going to lose if he's on the field.

Not his fault of course, the blame has to be with the board, Thelwell and ultimately Dyche for selecting him, but that's my thoughts about the player.

Absolutely f'in dog chit.

Thankfully that certain Tory is not !