2022/23 Neal Maupay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering ariel threat from corners and set pieces I would say there is only Nathan Patterson who is less likely to score in the team! A striker who is 9th / 10th most likely to score 🤦‍♂️

It's funny but sad seeing him jog around the field like a work experience kid. The fella offers absolutely nothing and if I'm Ellis Simms I'm telling the manager to get me a transfer in the summer.

I know Simms is also trash, but at least he has some physical attributes that can make him a threat every once in a while, like against Chelsea.

Maupay, since his one single goal, has done nothing at all for the club apart from be a nuisance towards his team mates. They must have their heads in their hands when they see he's being brought on, and I mean that. You'd be psychologically destroyed knowing you need a few goals to get back in the game and all you've got is Maupay in a 451.

got to be right up there with pound for pound one of the worst signings the club has ever made.
He has been an awful signing, mainly because for some baffling reason nobody can see that he is not the same type of player as DCL yet we keep playing him instead of him without changing the set up at all. It's maddening.

I dont think he is great, or even good, but throughout his career he has been a 1 in 5 type of striker. We have taken that and turned him into a 1 in 30 (!) striker because we ruin everybody.

I thought people were a bit harsh on him yesterday to be honest, he wasn't great obviously but I didn't think he was particularly bad. As a signing it's been a disaster and i'm setting the bar very low for him in terms of his performance but i didn't think it was worthy of some of the derision personally.

He has been an awful signing, mainly because for some baffling reason nobody can see that he is not the same type of player as DCL yet we keep playing him instead of him without changing the set up at all. It's maddening.

I dont think he is great, or even good, but throughout his career he has been a 1 in 5 type of striker. We have taken that and turned him into a 1 in 30 (!) striker because we ruin everybody.
Quite funny when you read the bit in bold lol

That’s nothing to do with us there has been some great delivery’s into the box and he’s just too slow to get to it or react he’s also missed a few good chances it’s 100% on him for once we can’t be blamed 😂

He's crap and the only way he's not going to get on in the last two games is an Injury. Hope he's pulled something today.

If he starts as the lone striker in the last two games, we're down. Don't know how Dyche finally figured it out over Keane but we desperately need him to have an epiphany over Maupay.
I can only think that Keane actually asked Dyche "why are you picking me? Stop".

To suddenly drop him was strange. It was needed, but should've been done games earlier. One positive is, many managers would've been too stubborn to admit they're wrong, at least he finally dropped him.

Status
Not open for further replies.