2022/23 Neal Maupay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big moments come from the most mediocre of players.
Gareth Farrelly had been awful all season but pulled out a world class strike v Coventry.
Barry Horne barely scored a goal in his life yet managed to volley a 30 yarder into the top corner v Wimbledon.

So, when it comes to Bournemouth and Neal Maupay is on the pitch.. let’s hope he is subbed off quickly as this guy is utter garbage.

Are there going to be parallels with Gareth Farelly, where he’s been dog s*** all season yet suddenly produces a moment of magic right at the death?
I remember getting a case of beer listening the match on the radio middle of the night in Australia. I hit the early bar.I lasted till around 6pm telling clueless aussies about the farelly goal in detail repeatedly

He has been an awful signing, mainly because for some baffling reason nobody can see that he is not the same type of player as DCL yet we keep playing him instead of him without changing the set up at all. It's maddening.

I dont think he is great, or even good, but throughout his career he has been a 1 in 5 type of striker. We have taken that and turned him into a 1 in 30 (!) striker because we ruin everybody.
fully agree. couldn't understand at the time why we were buying him when he didn't suit our style or system.

Can't understand Dyche's thinking bringing Maupay on ahead of Simms. Former one goal in twenty-seven, Simms a goal-scorer and more of a CL like-for-like. Hope this bizarre favouritism doesn't cost us!

Maupay offers little. A goal whilst welcome, it would be a surprise.
How massive is that Simms slot now

Can't understand Dyche's thinking bringing Maupay on ahead of Simms. Former one goal in twenty-seven, Simms a goal-scorer and more of a CL like-for-like. Hope this bizarre favouritism doesn't cost us!

Maupay offers little. A goal whilst welcome, it would be a surprise.
It’s difficult to think of any reason to pick Maupay ahead of Simms. Even if he’s better in training, he’s last on the pitch so why keep picking him?

I know he likes to talk about tactics a lot but we’ll never really understand what goes on in Dyche’s meaty noggin. Playing the likes of Keane or Maupay make no sense at all.

Nothing player has no presence whatsoever don't even think any of our own players acknowledge him let alone the opposition defence

Has Maupay got a fit wife or something, cos there must be some weird big daddy dychey coming round to teach little Neil how to satisfy his wife. Simms must be livid, had he played against Palace or Fulham we may have got something more. Maupay offers nothing, putting him on against Palace was even more bizarre than, Martinez putting Niasse on when we were 2 nil up.

Status
Not open for further replies.