2022/23 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not amazed. Coleman wasn't available for selection for the first few games and the defence played well throughout the first 7 games.

But that doesn't mean he cant recapture the jersey. Circumstances took it from him and circumstances have handed it back.

….Coleman played for U21 at the beginning of August, maybe before our first PL game.

i was sure Lampard was keen to get Coleman back on the pitch given how much he clearly admires the man. It does amaze me, it makes me much less concerned with Lampard as a coach.

Good news that our undisputed, first-choice right back who has been integral to our mean defence won’t be out for long. I‘m hoping that we don’t return to 5 at the back but can honestly see it now to compensate for the lack of Patterson’s athleticism and defensive nous
Far better midfield now with Gueye and Onana, and two more than decent centre halves should hopefully mean they can stick with the four at back, and not leave Seamus as exposed as he would have been less than six months ago!

Hmmm - That has now been confirmed in a statement by Everton, with the right-back now expected to be out for around four to five weeks with the ankle injury he sustained at Hampden Park.

Just saying like, I was right, told you :)

no no no mate, you miss heard, he is out for 45 weeks, not 4 to 5.

Coleman is more than capable of slotting in and giving everything for 4/5 games. I have no doubt in him as a player or a professional. I love the guy. But I think him, Lampard and NP know that as soon as the young lad is fit again, the spot is his (unless Coleman puts up worldie numbers). It’s how it should be and I bet all parties are happy with the new status quo.

….Coleman played for U21 at the beginning of August, maybe before our first PL game.

i was sure Lampard was keen to get Coleman back on the pitch given how much he clearly admires the man. It does amaze me, it makes me much less concerned with Lampard as a coach.
A run out days before.

It's simple: Coleman was injured and lost the position to a player who did well. Now he's got the shirt because Patterson got injured. If he does well enough over the period up to the World Cup he'll retain it.

Status
Not open for further replies.