2022/23 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
He looks to be. I have doubts still: I've yet to see him take on any opposition defender. That's just strange goven his athleticism. Maybe that comes over time, but it is a glaring weakness right now that he needs to work on. Also, I have concerns over a player with so few senior appearances picking up two serious injuries through pretty innocuous challenges. If there's any more of that after he gets back then alarm bells will be ringing very loudly.
What you actually said ad nauseam over the last 10 months was that Patterson was not the answer at full back, that he could not defend and needed to go practice somewhere else. Now, because he got injured and is out you think you can criticize him again.

I admire your cheek and lack of self-awareness in coming back to opine on a subject you got so wrong but your
lack of football acumen is now a matter of historical record.

This lad was a steal. He has been MOM maybe in two games and has a great future.

@GrandOldTeam can you work on a feature where you can ignore messages from specific posters but only on specific threads? Would love to have Davek on ignore in this thread, but keep his messages elsewhere

What you actually said ad nauseam over the last 10 months was that Patterson was not the answer at full back, that he could not defend and needed to go practice somewhere else. Now, because he got injured and is out you think you can criticize him again.

I admire your cheek and lack of self-awareness in coming back to opine on a subject you got so wrong but your
lack of football acumen is now a matter of historical record.

This lad was a steal. He has been MOM maybe in two games and has a great future.
He's still not a defender. Positionally he is poor but his athleticism gets him out of a mess on occasion. I think lungeing for a ball to recover an error has probably seen him injured too.

He's still not a defender. Positionally he is poor but his athleticism gets him out of a mess on occasion. I think lungeing for a ball to recover an error has probably seen him injured too.

Dave, can't you go at least a day without posting utter crap.

Just give it up with the constant nonsense in this thread mate, your giving your fingers a headache forcing them to type such rubbish

Dave, can't you go at least a day without posting utter crap.

Just give it up with the constant nonsense in this thread mate, your giving your fingers a headache forcing them to type such rubbish

There is no nonsense. There's an Overton window that would like to dictate in this thread. Anything outside of making this player the crown prince of football is seen as illicit and / or dangerous radicalism.

I say what I see with him. My position has changed favourably toward him - albeit on the basis of of a small number of games - that's because I'm willing to allow the facts to persaude me. Maybe others could be so flexible? I've always tried to give the pros and cons. It's a caricature of my position on this player to say I haven't.

You've got to be trolling ? lunging for a ball is what you do when you are a young player.

There is no nonsense. There's an Overton window that would like to dictate in this thread. Anything outside of making this player the crown prince of football is seen as illicit and / or dangerous radicalism.

I say what I see with him. My position has changed favourably toward him - albeit on the basis of of a small number of games - that's because I'm willing to allow the facts to persaude me. Maybe others could be so flexible? I've always tried to give the pros and cons. It's a caricature of my position on this player to say I haven't.
Give over your position has changed because he's made you look daft and your not big enough to admit you talked out of your arse about him.

How very gracious of you.

I‘m sure he’s absolutely thrilled, that you’ve moved away from the fact, that you‘ve made a total arse of yourself (again ) and are now pointing the finger elsewhere, in one of your usual time honoured, deflection tactics.

Maybe his athleticism is something known to him and as such he wasn't in the mess in the first place

surely there is more to an overton window than one extremely specific topic?
The facts have persuaded many fans of other teams, I hear them sing his praises a lot these days. Pundits too. You are determined to be the last off the ramp and it seems that you will always go with the minority opinion. Sometimes minority opinions are right of course and sometimes people get swept up is a crowd mentality but you take it too far! It is obvious the lad is a talent and has been playing well, yet you talk about him to everyone else as if we have only just started watching football and can't see the wood from the trees.
It's time you changed the filter you watch this kid through because it is the only explanation for your negative bias. The footballing world call him a steal at 15mil, you want to punt him to the championship lol

Status
Not open for further replies.