2021/22 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.

this’ll suit Paterson’s game, he’ll do well. One of the few players to be excited about. Unfortunately confirms Lampard is going to rely on our wingbacks for a lot of our attacking creativity - Myko on the left is solid(ish) but not dynamic enough going forward to really carry it off. Only we could sell Digne and then bring in a manager a week later whose system he’d thrive in.

this’ll suit Paterson’s game, he’ll do well. One of the few players to be excited about. Unfortunately confirms Lampard is going to rely on our wingbacks for a lot of our attacking creativity - Myko on the left is solid(ish) but not dynamic enough going forward to really carry it off. Only we could sell Digne and then bring in a manager a week later whose system he’d thrive in.
I take your point mate , but imo , Myko is among the least of our worries.

I take your point mate , but imo , Myko is among the least of our worries.
Oh yeah, the entire midfield isn’t good enough and is in a terrible state. Just don’t think Myko’s good enough going forward for the system Frank’s going to try to play and the emphasis that will be put on him to be one of the main creators. Would have been a perfect system for someone like….Digne.

Oh yeah, the entire midfield isn’t good enough and is in a terrible state. Just don’t think Myko’s good enough going forward for the system Frank’s going to try to play and the emphasis that will be put on him to be one of the main creators. Would have been a perfect system for someone like….Digne.
Agreed mate. You couldn't make it up. Have to support Myko though , he is at least a decent player.

Only the first match of the preseason but he was well off the pace.

I was there. The other side was just as bad defensively.
To me it didnt seem like he was at all, they hardly had a sniff down his side and most of the attacking moves went through him and Gordon comboing on the left, except for a couple plays Mills made on the right. Not sure what he did that was just as bad as the other side.

Everton that

To me it didnt seem like he was at all, they hardly had a sniff down his side and most of the attacking moves went through him and Gordon comboing on the left, except for a couple plays Mills made on the right. Not sure what he did that was just as bad as the other side.

…the RWB position will also be ideal for Stanley Mills. He’s a winger who they looked to convert to full back last season. He has his Dad’s powerful running style and attitude. If Lampard wants WBs who can make things happen, then he could make a breakthrough before the end of the season.

i put him up as ‘one to watch’ recently on the Youth thread & i‘m happy to see he got some game time in US.

Patterson/Mills the future RWBs.

At least Myko is young and new enough to hopefully be shaped into the kind of player we want in that position, plus we know he's comfortable in the final third of the field, even if he needs to be more pro-active in getting crosses away. With no goals from central midfield this season, and only one striker, I'm sure he'll be told that he needs to sling the ball in at often as possible.

Digne was terrible at wing back as there was no one in front of him when he got the ball to play through/overlap.

…the RWB position will also be ideal for Stanley Mills. He’s a winger who they looked to convert to full back last season. He has his Dad’s powerful running style and attitude. If Lampard wants WBs who can make things happen, then he could make a breakthrough before the end of the season.

i put him up as ‘one to watch’ recently on the Youth thread & i‘m happy to see he got some game time in US.

Struggle to get behind danny mills son, hes a prize C O K C

Mills should be targeting that spot.

Only the first match of the preseason but he was well off the pace.

I was there. The other side was just as bad defensively.

Niels and Patterson can't defend. No fullback can nowadays unless the sacrifice attack.

Mykolenko is basically Wan Bissaka with a left foot.

Status
Not open for further replies.